Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit - Beginner

Options
  • 01-09-2008 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, I am a small guy (about 160cm) wanting to get a wetsuit for surfing. I don't want to spend too much and I am very near Tubes in Cork. Is their selection any good? Any tips or wetsuits in particular I should look into? By the way what does 2/2, 3/2, 5/3 etc. mean? I'm seeing it alot while browsing the internet. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

hey i just started surfin this summer bought all my gear in tubes i checked around and found them the best price.the wetsuits they do are c-skins tubes is written on them they have some kind of a deal goin on with c-skins. as far as im concerned the wetsuit i got is great no probs!! i got 5 mil its personal choice but all the numbers are the thickness of the suit.as we are now comin into winter id go with 5mil u can use it in summer too cause the water never seems to get warm here!!!:eek: think they also do 4mil and 3mil suits,but i would defo go with 5mil!! the guy i delt with name was victor ask for him he knows what hes talking about.they also do good packages on board fins,booties,leash,suit and bag think i paid around €500 mark.
    hope that helps!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

3/2, 5/3 etc refers to the thickness of the wetsuit in millimetres in the trunk/arms and legs. If you are going to buy just one suit and plan on surfing outside of the summer months buy a 5/3.

Advertisement