Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dream freaking me out all day

Options
  • 01-09-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

I had a really nasty dream last night...

I dreamt that I was lying in my bed and I could hear this screaming. A boy aged around 8 or 9 with dark floppy hair and dressed in a black gown was sitting on my bed and was staring at me. this next part really happened, I did my best to wake up but I couldnt open my eyes, move the top half of my body and I could feel pressure on my chest as if someone was sitting on top of me, I also found it quite hard to breathe. I could only move the lower part of my body because I could feel my legs moving about! Anyways back to the dream, I remember not liking the look of the little boy and I tried to turn on the lamp next to me but it wouldnt work, so I jumped outta the bed and fell against the tv, grabbed the handle to open the door. When I got the door open, there was another door behind it and another one again with a padlock on it. The little boy walked over to me and said ''aisling, I am not letting you out of this, Im not going to let you wake up, im keeping you here''... I started to cry and all of a sudden, I was back in bed, and the boy is beside me and reaches out, touching my face,when he did this, the pressure on my chest got heavier...eventually when I woke up I was in a sweat... Needless to say I turned the light on for the rest of the night!! All day today, the right hand side of my neck, into my shoulder and down my arm is killing me, my eyes were in bits today too and I have never felt so tired its like I havent slept in about three days!!!!

Anyone any ideas of what this was about?!?
    Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is your house haunted?

Is there by any chance someone you feel is holding you back in your life? - That you feel trapped by? Or anything? A job you feel stuck in? That'd be my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Is your house haunted?

I live in a old georgian house that was previously my grandads house. I wouldnt say its badly haunted but on rare occasions stuff happens..doesnt bother me tho!!!

Is there by any chance someone you feel is holding you back in your life? - That you feel trapped by? Or anything? A job you feel stuck in? That'd be my guess.

Well, Im actually in the middle of trying to pluck up the courage to break up with my boyfriend!! So it could be either of them I suppose!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Ahh - heres a hug pb9.jpg

Try not worry about it too much - sometimes your subconscience plays with words. Images might trigger a word or not even that but relate to the thing that relates to that word - badly explained - but if you dreamet about or example a can - that might be the word your dream is trying to say to you. But who dreams of cans ! The can could be the trigger a detail that was forgotten but brings it all together!

The floppy hair sounds like a trigger - could be relationship anxities or something perhaps someone told you about something maybe that happened fto or example a little boy they knew - and could have been ages ago - but something happened recently to trigger that memory!!

I wish I was more elequent with this but truth of matter is no one can understand or translate dreams only yourself - this sounds like an anxiety or fear coming out in your dream.

Dont worry they cant and wont hurt you - as soon as you manage to calmly accept dreams for the symbolism they represent the further the way to go to learning about them.

Just read end of last post - ah and the answer to the anxitey or fear!
    Good luck with d breaking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The chest weight is sleep paralysis (common phenomenon often confused with being attacked by a ghost) and the pain and tiredness is just from the thrashing about and restlessness.

I think it's definitely your boyfriend and relationship being represented in the dream. Chillax, do what you have to do. It sounds like you're subconscious wants you out of their quick smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I know it's a bit late to respond to this but this dream really fascinates me. Usually to dream of a boy suggests your mothering instinct. But that fact that you feel scared of this boy and want to escape suggests there's something in your life that you feel is dependent on you and you want to get away. (Pretty much what was said above, but it might not necessarily be your boyf!)

The locked door has nothing got to do with getting out of the situation. It means that you feel you have missed out on a lot of opportunities. The open doors before it symbolises going to a new stage in your life so although in some place you may be going to a new stage you felt that this thing (represented by the boy) that held you back.

Hope it sounds right. Whatever it is, it's not going to be the end of the world and by the sounds of your dream it will actually improve your life situation and allow you more opportunities. Good luck x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If you have the same dream again, try and take control. Demand the lock, demand the right to leave! Just like you should do in life if you feel you want to leave!

Advertisement