Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

internet connection sharing in vista over wireless ad hoc network

• 01-09-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

computer1: laptop with vista home premium 32bit
    computer2:laptop with vista business 32 bit
    vodafone mobile broadband modem connected to computer1.

There is a wireless network set up between the two computers with internet connection sharing set up. Computer1 is the host.
    On computer2 there is a note saying there is limited conectivity on the wireless network and it cannot access the internet.
    Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

(I typed this out earlier but it mustn't have posted properly or something)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

On computer1 go to Network and Sharing Center - Manage Network Connections.
    Select both your wireless adapter and the vodafone adapter.
    Right click on either and select Bridge Connections.
    You should then be good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Thans for your reply - I tried what you suggested. Unfortunately it did not work.
    It doesn't give an option to bridge conections with the vodafone connection. If you select them and choose bridge connections from the advanced menu it gives a message sayin that two connections must be selected which both are high speed internet or lan and have ics disabled (I tried disabling ics before doing this).
    It lists the vodafone connection as a dialup connection. The vodafone modem is e220.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

limited connectivity seems to be microsoftese for I can see a network but I don't have a usable IP address so you actually have no connectivity

use ipconfig at the command prompt or status on the network card properties to see if you are getting a 192.168.x.y address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I concur with Capt'n midnight that limited connectivity is usually an ip addressing issue.

Can you access files on computer 1 from computer 2?

Advertisement