Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toll roads other then M50

Options
  • 01-09-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I have a toll tag from Eflow. When I drive on the other toll roads such as m1, m4, eastlink, m8, do I have to drive through the tag barrier entrance for it to work or can I drive upto the cashier desk and it will detect the tag automatically or would I have to pay cash.
    Just wondering as if the tag wouldn't be detected at the cashier desk, then there would be a lot more vehicles using the tag only entrance causing delays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All tags work at all lanes on all tollroads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

MYOB wrote: »
    All tags work at all lanes on all tollroads.

Yep - that's the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Then why was there a designated eazy-pass lane at Westlink??

ninty9er wrote: »

Speed. There are designated tag lanes on the M4, M1 and I believe M8 also - however the tags ALSO work at other lanes.

Due to living along the N4 I never once used the tag-lanes on the M50 (too short distance to cut across) despite being tagged for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ninty9er wrote: »

Tags work in all lanes - cash doesn't - an incentive to use EazyPass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can run through the express lane on the M4 at 50km/h, maybe more if you're brave.

Anan1 wrote: »
    You can run through the express lane on the M4 at 50km/h, maybe more if you're brave.

Need to make sure theres nobody in the lane you have to swerve back in to (in case of a red X) first, but you can do closer to 90 ;)

Advertisement