Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"register to activate your warranty"

Options
  • 01-09-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭

evening all. I bought the parents a dishwasher in March of this year and it's crapped out. I've had a look at the documentation and it says to "register to activate the 12 month warranty" - the folks never registered it. Are we still entitled to the initial 12 months as long as we have proof of purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

As far as I know you have to register within 28 days of purchase I'm afraid. It may be no harm contacting the place where you purchased the item though, as your contract is with the shop at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

not filling in a card and sending it in doesn't affect your consumer rights. I'd love to see them argue it in court:"yes your honour i know the dishwasher exploded but he never filled in the card"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Called them there and they're sending somebody out to take a look tomorrow - it's still covered by the 12 months warranty regardless of whether it was registered or not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yeah that makes sense, these companies are always looking for ways to send you spam mail.. Good to see it's being sorted.

P.S. Don't register! :)

I didn't register because it was an extended parts warranty - you still have to fork out for a technician to put the parts in. I figured the cost of the technician coming out with be at least half the price of the dishwasher so i'd make more sense to just buy a new one if something goes wrong in a year or two. The fault thats happened at the moment is pretty common and usually once the part is replaced there's never another problem with them.

• Advertisement

It's gets better - the guy was in the area and dropped in :D
    EDIT - and it's fixed!

Advertisement