Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipsy cake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have been looking for tipsy cake for quite a while now and haven't found anywhere in Dublin that stocks it anymore...
    Apart from the places mentioned in this thread? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Got some in a little place in Cabra. Not "quite" how I remember it (was a local place called Breslins used to make it), the old stuff even had bits of iceing in it as well, but this was a close second

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

There's a bakey in Talbot street that sell it. Bought one yesterday and it was delicious, all moist the way I like it. Yum Yum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

What's the name of the bakery in Talbot St? I might take a trip there & buy some as a surprise for my hubby!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tea Time Express - it's opposite Tesco.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Tea Time Express - it's opposite Tesco.

Exactly. It's also right next door to Easons as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for the info. I'll try to get there sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

iMax wrote: »
    Was only talking about tipsey cake today to someone. It's officially banned as it was all the old stale (or close to) cakes mashed up, soaked in sherry & iced.

They done the same thing to Haslet!:(

lord lucan wrote: »
    They done the same thing to Haslet!:(

Haslet is banned????? Who the heck is banning these things in the first place??? Maybe we'll all need a prescription to buy Tipsy cake in the future....:eek:

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Haslet is banned????? Who the heck is banning these things in the first place??? Maybe we'll all need a prescription to buy Tipsy cake in the future....:eek:

IIRC it was due to traceability not being guaranteed on the various meats used to make Haslet. The DOA decided to ban it. I seen it in Tesco a year ago but has since disappeared.:(

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    IIRC it was due to traceability not being guaranteed on the various meats used to make Haslet. The DOA decided to ban it. I seen it in Tesco a year ago but has since disappeared.:(

Lord Lucan I'm going to make it my business to find Haslet. God my life is empty!:rolleyes:

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Lord Lucan I'm going to make it my business to find Haslet. God my life is empty!:rolleyes:

I had a thread on it a couple of years back in the eating/drinking forum. There was a couple of recommendations in it. I'll see if i can dig it up.:)

Here we go:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055495046&highlight=haslet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Bump
    Hope you got sorted for the Haslet, but if not, Londis Fassaugh ave, and JC's in Swords, both good stuff.

Advertisement