Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Working in the city, or living in the countryside'

• 01-09-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

There's a thread going on over at RadioWaves about 2FM in the olden days.

PAMS in Dallas sung a jingle-song for 2FM for one of their relaunches. I was going to post the song over there... but I'm banned... for posting a link to audio before.

(What's the point of a radio forum with no audio?)

Anyway...

From 1989, a 2FM song!

http://www.jinglenews.com/audio/secret/2fmsong.mp3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

That jingle package and song were actually produced by Jam Creative Productions in Dallas. They did then and continue to now produce resings of classic PAMS jingles

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

Sorry ment to say that! The song is from the PAMS days but the other jingles in the package come from JAM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Have to say I don't like it.

I prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYoeVSO2nWg&feature=related

Radiowaves gave me telling off and removed a link I posted very strange small minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

That took me back...... (2fm jingle)

I listened to it yesterday and I'm still singing the damn thing!

Dave Letterman and his JAM jingles:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsZU77P-lBY&feature=related

Speaking of Radiowaves. I posted a link to the latest JNLR results on the BCI website and now I can't post either. The funny thing was it was in the middle of a discussion on the JNLR's :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Thanks for the link Teresa. Brings back some memories!

Re: Radiowaves....it's a graveyard over there. Unless you're writing glowing praise for one of the chosen few, or discussing some obscure pirate...there's actually no real radio discussion at all.

I would say this board is more credible as a board discussing radio issues than radiowaves - which is kinda sad really as I remember the good old days over there.

• Advertisement

I'll post the rest of that package after work. It's a lot better than what they have at the moment!

Just seen that 'anto' posted a link to the file in the thread on RadioWaves. How long before it's removed?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I had fogotten just how awful that 2FM song is. Thanks (I think) for reminding me,teresasaunt.....

I was banned from RW just for asking why the mods had edited my posts EVEN THOUGH I hadn't contravened their rules. The standard of posting over there has fallen a great deal over the years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Can we leave the Radiowaves discussion for this thread please: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055275189

Not being smart tsubh...but why?

The first two paragraphs of the op's post were primarily about radiowaves. The post you mentioned was a post from April. My comments were posted because they were relevant to the op's original post. Are we expected to search thru all posts to find out if something may have been mentioned ever before on boards?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Because the topic of this thread should be classic radio jingles. I'm not really happy with discussion of another radio board as it is, and would prefer if all comments regarding them were kept in one place.

• Advertisement

Fair enough tsubh.

Altho I do reckon a radio messageboard should be just as open to criticism and FAIR discussion as a radio station or radio presenter. Once the discussion is fair, not personal and not libellous!

Anyway...back to topic...any chance of hearing the rest of that package Teresa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Would I be right in saying this song was only ever regularly played at the start of the Breakfast Club on Saturday and Sunday mornings?

If I remember correctly Ian Dempsey used the "music" from it to introduce his breakfast show for a while, in a similar way he uses/used the New Order track at Today FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Good memory there radiocity. I remember it only being played after the 7am news at the weekends and sometimes on the Beabox simulcasts as a filler I think (when they weren't using the theme from Shaft)
    To the op, the PAMS company had ceased to be years before this song was produced. There was absolutely no connection with PAMS and this song. It was produced by JAM. I believe John Clarke and Simon Young may have been in Dallas for the recording session of this package. Simon got a personalised jingle theme at this time as well.
    This was the era when 2FM was probably at its best. While there were the turkey additions like Fr Brian Darcy doing a gig guide (you wouldnt believe it if it was on Fr Ted!!) and the Country n' Irish show, the station probably had the strongest, most competent weekday lineup before or since.
    The JAM jingles were great too. Far superior to any of the contemporary sounding British produced packages most stations tend to use these days.
    I don't care if the vocalist is Robbie Williams backing singer, it still sounds like dodgy Alfasound !!!!!! Sorry for the rant....

Re: the song - I was never up early enough on weekends to hear the start of the breakfast club, but I do remember hearing it a bit at the end of the show.
    The video was also shown on the Beat Box a bit - I remember the cd going in at the start of the video. And Simon Young was fond of giving it a spin on weekend nights.

You're right bud about the golden era. It really was. Names like Barry Lang, Simon Young, Dempsey and Fenton.

djsupreme wrote: »
    any chance of hearing the rest of that package

Here's a mix of the main cuts - http://www.jinglenews.com/audio/secret/2fm_1989.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If the thread title is indicative of the "song" or the station, it's an odd one for a national / nationwide station....

Fine for a local or county station in a county that has a city, but a little odd otherwise...

P.S. Can you not live in a city, or work in the countryside ???

Thanks for the package Teresa...brings back some memories.

Advertisement