Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Testing Query

• 01-09-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi all,
    I have a question thats probably been asked before, apologies if it has.
    We are in the process of looking at a 1985 campervan as a project, but we are wondering if it is subject to NCT/ DOE, and if it is, is it an annual thing or a once off for insurance purposes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Currently camper vans are not subjected to a regular test like NCT or DOE. *

On a camper of that vintage your insurance company will however want to see an engineers report before insuring it.

EDIT: * this only apllies if it is actually registered as a "motorcaravan" as officialdom calls it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hungryhippo89

I was in contact with the RSA today and they have sayed that currently it is not a legal requirement to have your camper tested, HOWEVER, I was informed that within the next few weeks there will be a requirement that campers must be tested...

I have also imported a campervan from england, its an 88 renault traffic. It is not registered yet in ireland and i am wondering if it is best to get it registered now, pay the vrt and get it taxed and if this will keep be exempt from tax for another year? Anyone know if this would work? Please reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

ShirleyH wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have a question thats probably been asked before, apologies if it has.
    We are in the process of looking at a 1985 campervan as a project, but we are wondering if it is subject to NCT/ DOE, and if it is, is it an annual thing or a once off for insurance purposes?

Thanks.

Have a look at the thread "DOE testing the court has spoken" .

As you say, this has been asked before and we've had some great debates over it!!!! :D Quite a few threads that cover it.

Advertisement