Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in lahinch for a stag?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    any ideas what to do in Lahinch for a stag weekend?
    Naturally there's surfing, and drinking, but any other ideas??

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Zulu wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Cheers.
    I think you have the whole weekend cover :D

Hope the link below helps.
    Lahinch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cheers for the link! I got that alright. I guess I was hoping there was paintball or go karting hidden somewhere and not advertised on the web.

I'm afriad some of the party mightn't be into surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Hey folks,

Cheers.

If it's during september, get a taxi to Lisdoonvarna. You'll more than likely run into a hen party while you're there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Cheers for the link! I got that alright. I guess I was hoping there was paintball or go karting hidden somewhere and not advertised on the web.

I'm afriad some of the party mightn't be into surfing.

There's nothing like that that I'm aware of. You could just do what I do when I go up: Get really drunk, wander around for a few hours then sleep on the beach (make sure the tide is very out!) Then go swimming in the morning to shake off the hangover. And walk back to Ennid :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just be careful you dont bump into the law after having a few pints in public :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7616715.stm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Lahinch is fairly small, its main attraction is the beach/waves. The nightlife is okay - from now until February it will be fairly dead though. Maybe just do some sort of pub crawl but thats done fairly easy when theres only a few pubs

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

had a similar query to this, any new ideas come up in the end OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Wouldn't go near the place for a stag.....Ennis would be much better for nightlife / better pubs / more to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Doolin would be as good as Lahinch at this time of the year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

finbarrk wrote: »
    Doolin would be as good as Lahinch at this time of the year anyway.

....or as bad, depends on your viewpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

If your willing to drive a bit (at least during the day) and you don't mind getting wet this might interest you, Burren Adventures Dive Centre. I did a try a dive with them last year and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

You could go for a walk in the Burren, the Burrenbeo Trust do a guided walk on the 1st Sunday of the month:

http://www.burrenbeo.com/news-article.aspx?article=26a48ef3-bb97-45ff-887e-8782ee926d34

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ob1kanobee

Hey,

We're in Galway and thinking of having our wedding reception down in Doolin, Co. Clare There is a lovely new hotel there we've seen and love. But does anyone know what Doolin is like in January tho (just before, or just after New Years Eve), as we and our guests (30 or 40 people) would be staying 2 nights. Is it completely dead, or still a bit of life down there????

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Answered on the other thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

Never having been on a stag myself as I don't own the right equipment but if I was going on a stag, I would have one thing on my mind......

DRINK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hens are usually wilder than Stags because the Stag's pace themselves and do something besides
    drink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

Sorry to dig this old thread up again folks, but I'm asking the same question, is there anything to do around Lahinch other than the surfing, would there be paintballing, clay pigeon shooting or owt ?

Cheers

Junior

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

golf. A pretty stupendous golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

uberwolf wrote: »
    golf. A pretty stupendous golf course.

Can I use my hurley ? Think we may have found some clay pigeon shooting in Cratloe on the way .. but any other suggestions welcome !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement