Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Normans

• 01-09-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Was out there the other day & lads I nearly died with the price :eek: Was looking for a single duvet cover set plus perhaps some throw cushions & was shocked at the prices. It was €50ish for the feckin cushion & €120ish for the duvet set!! Who actually buys stuff there is all I want to know?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

No-one, as far as I can see;) The once I bothered to go out for a look, everyone was walking round muttering about the prices and not actually buying anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

echosound wrote: »
    No-one, as far as I can see;) The once I bothered to go out for a look, everyone was walking round muttering about the prices and not actually buying anything!

It is actually crazy prices out there & not in the yellow pack way!! or tesco value pack for the younger posters here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

You'd want to be loaded if you were to buy their cushions especially if you put as many pillows and cushions on your bed as they do on their display beds, 16 on one bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Canon Eos 450D camera in Harvey Normans €999.

In Dublin camera shops €700 - €750.

Online €610.

Kinda says it all really.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 wrote: »

Online €610.

Thats normal enough for most mainstream stores around Ireland,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mang

you can get duvets and pillows in dunnes for feck all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Freddie59 wrote: »

Online €610.

yikes....

they won't be in business long if they're charging outrageous prices like that, they'd want to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If people are buying from there then I think it is because it is new. Wait for that to ware off. Personally I haven't stepped foot in there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I visited them in Dublin before they opened here and thought the same very expensive... haven't bothered to set foot in there down here, get what you need a lot cheaper I found elsewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

Leather recliner chair and footstool in aldi 179 euros, same chair in HN 995 euros :eek:!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

The impression I alway had of them, taken mostly from their ads, is that of a cheap and cheerful type of company. Two steps into their showroom here and that impression was quickly dropped :eek:

Advertisement