Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct2Drive

Options
  • 01-09-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has used this (Direct2Drive.com) - is it legit? Is it good value? And also, if I purchase a game and download...but then upgrade, can I redownload it / transfer it? Is it an easy process?

Lots of questions :) Hopefully ye have some answers!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has used this (Direct2Drive.com) - is it legit? Is it good value? And also, if I purchase a game and download...but then upgrade, can I redownload it / transfer it? Is it an easy process?

Lots of questions :) Hopefully ye have some answers!

http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=3091

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Never had any problems with it. Main problem I find is that many games are for North America only. The upcoming Warhammer Online is about €10 cheaper than EA's own online store (and they make the bloody game), so there's value to be had there.

I have had terrible problems with them, i bought a game back in Feb. They never supplied the CD key. I tried to email but there is no address. I opened a ticket but they shut it. I opened it again and they shut it and then again. Nobody contacted me. I got to speak to nobody. Eventually i had to go to charge backs on my credit card . AIB were unable to contact them to get the money back !!

I would stay way clear . You might be alright but if somthing goes wrong your screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bought World in Conflict off them :D
    Worked perfectly :)
    Got all me CD keys off em and they worked :)
    Have downloaded it 3 times at this stage after reformatting etc
    Ive since stuck the installer folder on my EXT HDD :P

But yeah, its just like steam, ye can keep downloading it again and again :D...except that it doesnt need an external program such as STEAM itself to run it.
    It downloads as a folder with an installer and ye can just stick on disc or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

The one problem I had with them is that their downloads are very slow.
    It took me 11 hours to download the game I purchased from them on a 20MB line.

It seems they limit all downloads to 50k/sec.
    The game I got was quite small. I'd hate to have to get a 4 - 8 GB game from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement