Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed! Trying to import a BMW 320D Sport

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Ok so going to buy a BMW 320D Sport, but when i go to the ROS.ie website it gives me two options one has 128g and the other is 158g, how do i know which one is which? Im looking at a 2005 new model 320d m sport with 34,000 miles, but there is a significent difference in the two vrt prices? All help appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Most likely there was an engine change that year or just before that year, you will need to find out what engine is in the one your going to import. Quickest way would be to contact seller and check the V5 document, it will have it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

only efficient dynamics version will have the 128g co2. THats the one with engine cut off when stopped etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MadLisaR

and does the e90 320d sport have that? Its registered 08/05??? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Definately not.Only 3 series from 2007 onwards have efficient dynamics

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MadLisaR wrote: »
    and does the e90 320d sport have that? Its registered 08/05??? Thanks

safest bet is to quickly ring the seller and ask what is wrote on the log book, it will actually have the co2 emmissions on the V5.

just incase you find the car you want go all the way over to find out its the higher rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cooper38

1. use car check site to check it out and make sure there is no financing left on it. I was 1 hour away from handing over money when i double checked and finance was owed even though i was told there wasnt.

2. dont get tipped of by your bank. shop around your bank, currency.ie and xe

3. get independent check with a mechanic. some of the bigger uk garages dont allow it but its a must

Advertisement