Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having just signed Robhino, are Man City the new Chelsea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Important quantity of money = enough money to buy Ronaldo in January

Haha, I'd love that. It'd be like the ultimate kick in the balls.

Pigman II wrote: »
    Haha, I'd love that. It'd be like the ultimate kick in the balls.

Keep dreaming. Its not gonna happen. Itll happen next summer!

6 mill a year in wages AFTER TAX for Robinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

6 mill a year in wages AFTER TAX for Robinho!

euro! just less than 100,000 pounds a week after tax...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mr. X wrote: »
    THEY WILL NOT GET ROBINHO!

SORRY, COME AGAIN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm not sure if I'm still asleep and dreaming. Robinho?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Xavi6 wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    SORRY, COME AGAIN?
    I am currently eating my shoe in disbelief. Fair play for City sigining such a big name, at least they are delievering some one to coincide with the hype.

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yep!!
    Just shows the fact he signed for city shoves it was for personal reasons.

Bloody hell, you must have woken up and thought it was something from the maxtrix

city get overtaken, and put in offers for berb + robinho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Deal done...32.4 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

so where is robinho gonna play, from what i've seen they both tend to run into the same space...
    Left Wing forward i guess. I reckon him an SWP will probably swap at times during a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mornin! o/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wheres Squall gone? :)

Congrats Xavi!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Bloody hell. Man City are now richer than Man Utd.....hence better:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

:0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Stekelly wrote: »
    Wheres Squall gone? :)

Still here and still not a believer.

:/

Yeah, I just came into the thread and saw your post before reading all of them!! Sorry - you did get this one wrong though!! :)

Ok, next question. Is Robinho worth that much money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah, I just came into the thread and saw your post before reading all of them!! Sorry - you did get this one wrong though!! :)
    Sure did Lloyd lad, Its gonna be some season, the face of the EPL is about to change dramatically.

• Advertisement

While ManCity are still in silly season chance of baldy (sorry I mean 'hairy') coming back to the Ireland squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

I'm a Liverpool fan, but always had a softspot for City. They are the new Chelsea. All the bitter Chelsea, and sly comments coming on Setanta about City as been a small club. The sleepy giant has awokend, city fans must be in dreamland tonight.

Sure did Lloyd lad, Its gonna be some season, the face of the EPL is about to change dramatically.

Yeah - it makes our position less concrete but hey, the EPL has been screaming out for a new challenger able to mix it with the top four over an entire season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

What a mental day! If it was a soap opera you'd laugh at it for being unrealistic! If this is the start of an abramovich style takeover, i think Liverpool are the team that should be worried, it could be the start of them in the UEFA cup!

Time will tell. City are going to be a force either way in the next few years. Any team that can outbid Chelsea are going to be a force.

JimiTime wrote: »
    What a mental day! If it was a soap opera you'd laugh at it for being unrealistic! If this is the start of an abramovich style takeover, i think Liverpool are the team that should be worried, it could be the start of them in the UEFA cup!

I think we can also include Arsenal in that to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I hope he breaks his leg in his first training session and is forced to retire from football, money grabbing git!! The cheek of him calling a press conference the day before and to say that his heart is set on Chelsea, blah, blah, and then to join City the next day is taking the p!ss. He was going to the highest bidder pure and simple. If Bray Wanderers had somehow offered him a better deal he would have joined them in a shot. W@nker!!!

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    I think we can also include Arsenal in that to.

I personally wouldn't, but time will tell.

glenjamin wrote: »
    I hope he breaks his leg in his first training session and is forced to retire from football, money grabbing git!! The cheek of him calling a press conference the day before and to say that his heart is set on Chelsea, blah, blah, and then to join City the next day is taking the p!ss. He was going to the highest bidder pure and simple. If Bray Wanderers had somehow offered him a better deal he would have joined them in a shot. W@nker!!!

Yeah! Shame on him for going to the employer who would pay him the most money. What was he thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LOL, lovely attitude there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am delighted that Ambramovich has not got his way more than anything else. Chelsea are just bitter money talks as you guys have done in the 5 years and now you're getting own dose of reality. City are the new playboys of the EPL, unfortunately for my club we are now lagging way behind in terms of off the field excursions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That's nice of you :rolleyes:

JimiTime wrote: »

True but if D.I.C. as expected now take over from the two yanks it will put us up there with the Chelsea's Man U's and Man City's:eek: of the league in terms of spending power. If anybody should be worried now it should be Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Sparky on SSN:

- Thanks Thaskin for getting the arab lads in

- Says the signing was linked to ramadan (Muslim fasting holiday I think) to offer something up to the fans :D:confused:

- Says the deal accelerated at about 5pm today, and thats when they began to feel that the deal would be done, but sounds like this might have been in the pipeline for the last 24hrs.

- Hasn't actually spoken to Little Akon yet, so I guess that's a good indicator that he came for the yankee dollar.

- Says that Little Akon was the main target, but that they were interested in Berbs.

- Confirms that City now have the financial power to compete for any player in the world.

- Says that he came to the club expecting resources that would enable him to compete, thaskin couldn't provide that himself, but has brought in the people that have ensured that.

What a terrible thing to say. Grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jesus christ! That's all I've got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

He was going to the highest bidder in that City offered Real the most for him. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I think this question is becoming less relevant with these type of super rich powers now involved in the game.

I mean in terms of the money Man City now seem to have is it really alot of money ?

We all know hes a fantastically talented player and one which any of the big clubs in England would loved to have signed so given this the fee agreed for him doesn't matter that much if money is no object to the club paying it.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

glenjamin yellow carded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If Bebatov is he is!

gixerfixer wrote: »
    True but if D.I.C. as expected now take over from the two yanks it will put us up there with the Chelsea's Man U's and Man City's:eek: of the league in terms of spending power. If anybody should be worried now it should be Arsenal

Obviously if there's an overhaul at liverpool, my comments count for nothing. There wont be enough great players to go round if this keeps happening:)

Going to be lively debut for Robinho, Man City vs. Chelsea 13th September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gives me an excuse to watch City games now, he was very inconsistent at Madrid. He has bags of talent no doubt.

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Going to be lively debut for Robinho, Man City vs. Chelsea 13th September.

From the BBC:
    Just a quick reminder that Robinho's first game in a Manchester City shirt (sorry, but that sounds wrong) will be against Chelsea at Eastlands on Saturday, 13 September at 1730 BST. Now that should be lively.
    Blatant plagerism. :D

kmart6 wrote: »
    If Bebatov is he is!

His goal record is a lot lower than Berbatovs.

• Advertisement

m@cc@ wrote: »
    From the BBC:

Blatant plagerism. :D

Seen it on Setanta lists of live games and put 2 n 2 together :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

PHB wrote: »
    glenjamin yellow carded

Sorry but it just angers me to see a footballer join a club when he knows nothing of their setup, never spoke to the manager or visited the facilties. He has purely joined them because of the money he was being offered. Nothing wrong with that but like I say if some small club had come in with a better offer he would have joined them ahead of City. I ,for one, hate seeing this. I think that this is whats wrong with football. I know most peoples reply to this is gonna be 'well thats football nowadays' and 'of course a player will join a club who are offering him the most' but how are clubs like mine suposed to compete with this. We face been outbid by any club with some sugar daddy in charge and even if we do agree a fee with a club we still can't compete when it comes to the players wages. Especially players who are more interested in how much hes paid than actually what the club has on offer to him in terms of potential success, etc.

And no I don't want to see Robinho break his leg and be forced to retire from football. That was a horrible thing to say and I apologise. I wish him all the best in this new stage of his career.

opr wrote: »
    I think this question is becoming less relevant with these type of super rich powers now involved in the game.

I mean in terms of the money Man City now seem to have is it really alot of money ?

We all know hes a fantastically talented player and one which any of the big clubs in England would loved to have signed so given this the fee agreed for him doesn't matter that much if money is no object to the club paying it.

Opr

Agree, good post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll say this for Man City they have announced themselves to the football world in some style through Monday's events. To have Manchester United sweating over a signing they thought they had in the bag, to snap up a player from right under the noses of Roman Abramovich of all people and to have Real Madrid announcing to the world that they had to sell a player as the deal offered was too good...hell, that's a major statement of intent no doubt about it.

I'm not of the belief they will attain success in the short-term but they are definitely one to watch from now on and the big four will be looking over their shoulders anxiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

i dont think anything suggests man city wil be a more balanced side with this signing. Im sure they will still struggle and be nowhere near top 4. Ok the signing shows city are ambitious but is robinho? dont think so. Not saying its a waste of money but think he has a lot to prove had his moments at madrid but a lot of players do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement