Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

It would make for arkward conversation. But davis put a stop to that.

At some stages of the game, ryan tried to do some zone coverage, and the players being poorly coached showed. It is very visible on one of the long touchdowns throws,

I feel for Lane Kiffen, he has the potential to be a good coach, but is caught between a rock and a hard place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I watched that game last night and the Raiders were frighteningly bad. Russell was not getting much time early, but when he got it he made a few blunders, he seemed to improve as the game wore on but I would not be convinced on that showing, that dropped ball was horrible.
    The positive were the RB's, McFadden looked good but he got very little time on the field and Fargas looked really good too. The o-line looked a real mess and it seemed like a team of guys who didn't have much time to read the playbook.
    Defensively they were all over the place as well, getting caught out a lot between the lines.
    A lot of work to be done for the Raiders.

That must have been painful Chucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hazys wrote: »
    Monte Kiffen is probably the best DC in the league, he has done an unbeliveable job down in tampa they have had consistently one of the best defences in the league for years.

It would have been weird if Monte became the DC for the Raiders, the father working for his son as DC. A lot of Head Coaches have siblings working for them on their teams but the other way around would lead to a lot of awkward conversations at the dinner table.

I dont think it would be to bad for them. I presume Lane would just let Monte at it and would leave him alone. AFAIK Lane did want it to happen and there was talk of it but Al put a stop to it by not allowing Lane to get rid of Rob Ryan.

Either way I definitly cant put to much blame on kiffin for how bad this team is. When your not allowed pick your own coaching staff/players then your up **** creek really.

As for the game it was just like last year. Very good running game, no passing game, no pass rush game.

At least are run defense has gotten a bit better. Our pass D was awful, I dont really put to much blame on the secondary as it's pretty hard to be expected to cover someone for 10 seconds or so. We put no pressue on Cutler at all and I dont even think we touched him all game. Our defense had the excact same problem last year and one of the reasons Lane wanted rid of Ryan.

It looks like it's going to be the same as always, a **** season, a new HC in the off-season AL davis picking the fastest players in the draft no matter what. rinse and ****ing repeat.

I actually thought Russell had a good game, one of the few good points. 17/26 180 yards and 2 TD's isnt bad. Our O-line is awful, would you be happy having Kwane Harris defending your blind side? Our WR are muck aswell. Zack Miller is the only reliable guy he has.

Eagle - The performance wasnt really pain as they have performed like that for the last number of years. But I actually thought we turned a bit of a corner and was midlly hopeful for this season so that what made it painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sunday, Sept. 7 Seattle Seahawks at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m. FOX : I fancy the Bills here. They're an improving team and the seahawks are on a downward turn. It should be very very close though. If the Seahawks stop Lycnh early then they'll prob win but I think Lynch is going to be a real star this year.

Fukc me. Have you any tips for the 2.30 in Doncaster? Spot on here and Lynch did much damage. Seahawks have a ****e record on the east coast and the rain didn't help for game 1 with all the new bodies. Hopefully we can turn it around for the next 2 games at home. If not this will just be the worst year ever for Seattle sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

giddyup wrote: »
    Fukc me. Have you any tips for the 2.30 in Doncaster? Spot on here and Lynch did much damage. Seahawks have a ****e record on the east coast and the rain didn't help for game 1 with all the new bodies. Hopefully we can turn it around for the next 2 games at home. If not this will just be the worst year ever for Seattle sport.

Even a blind squirell finds a nut every once in a while! :)

I actually think the Seahawks will struggle this year, it's hard to deal without your 4 WR's and Morris aswell. Of course given that the NFC West is the worst division in football ye should still make the playoffs although I think the cards will sneak it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I actually think the Seahawks will struggle this year, it's hard to deal without your 4 WR's and Morris aswell. Of course given that the NFC West is the worst division in football ye should still make the playoffs although I think the cards will sneak it myself.

You are right but my fingers are crossed that they can get it together. In Holmgrens last year it will be a disaster if we don't win the division. Sonics gone. Mariners absolutely suck on a massive scale. Huskies are looking for coaches head 2 games in. The Storm and the Hawks are our only hope right now. And we've got the Sounders in the MLS next year to look forward to:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Tristram wrote: »
    Washington Redskins at New York Giants right
    Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens right
    New York Jets at Miami Dolphins wrong
    Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots right
    Houston Texans at Pittsburgh Steelers right
    Jacksonville Jaguars at Tennessee Titans wrong
    Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons wrong
    Seattle Seahawks at Buffalo Bills wrong
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints right
    St. Louis Ram at Philadelphia Eagles right