Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan for next summer?

• 01-09-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Ok well im headin into second year of a three year degree in accounting and have decided to (kinda) start looking around at what kind of internships i could get next year. I got a first class honours and top of my class in my exams in first year and would really like to get an internship abroad! would anybody have any information on internships abroad and the process or even in Ireland for that matter???

thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Just do a Google search for where you want to Intern. There's loads out there. The main thing to keep in mind is what you plan to do after college and gear your internship towards that. You could feasibly do two different ones, one next summer and one after graduation.

I know that outside the EU, that Australia and the US have quite a few internships. Ireland also has quite a few, but it's very competitive. The bigger firms have offer internships with reasonable pay. If you were interested in both years, I would consider the one in Ireland or the EU first. Then, for the following summer, you could avail of the J-1 visa in the US, which will allow you to work in any position really and travel, but you could use it for an internship. You could also go to Australia as well. They have a number of internships available as well.

Good luck.

Advertisement