Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish teacher from HELL

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

That is one of the saddest things I have ever read. :(

Although I do love the mental image of someone in your class doing their exam and answering on An Cearrbhach with just drawings and no words! :D

The thing is. . . someone probably will do that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

in the last week my teacher has decided to take a whole new teaching approach.
    even though we haven't finished the course we have for some reason stopped and started revising. we have done no essay work, since 5th year we have written 1 essay which wasn't even graded. we have done tape once this year.
    last week she decided to get us to do spider diagrams for all the exam poetry questions in 2008 for homework, then we spend the next class writing our answers on the blackboard.

for an triail all we have done is read and translated it. she got us to take down summary's of each scene and gave us 2 handouts and told us to learn them on the characters and past exam questions. that's all we've done for it and all we're going to do.

we haven't started stair na gaeilge yet. have done no comprehensions or oral work either. all we do is translate the notes in the book. we may be the lowest honours class but this is ridiculous, if i didn't need the points i would drop down to pass just to get out of that class.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i kno exactly how the OP feels

our irish teacher is possibly the worst teacher in the history of irish teachers everywhere.

he REFUSES to speak english in class...point blank REFUSES...even if we have no idea what the hell he is talking about...which is most of the time...before J.C. i was doing higher....changed school and went into his class and i had 2 drop to ordinary....i;ll be lucky if i even pass the L.C. at ord level....which i need for uni......

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

i had a teacher like this when i was doing my leaving cert! How did i get over it? I became an irish teacher- i now work in that same school and am giving grinds to her students- i had 5 move in to my class from hers!!!! do not drop down to pass if you are honours!! request to be moved to the other irish class!!

Advertisement