Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Allowed Paint Door!!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Apparently I paid nearly 400k for a house in Charlesland Court - yet according to the management co (via the local newsletter) it is forbidden to change the colour of my front door!!!!

Ok! No satellite dishes and no sky lights on the front of properties I understand - that is governed under local planning laws after all. However, I personally find the majority of the colours of the front doors in charlesland court objectionable. I want a natural colour wood door - what is the logic of forbidding me to do same. It is bordering on fascist! Has anyone got a legal background who can advise? Do the mgmt co really have a leg to stand on? Will they come along some evening when I'm at theatre and paint my door green?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 oscar.d

just paint it! do you think they'll take you to court for that?!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

One question for you...

Who owns the door....?

I wont be long doing ours, cos the varnish they put on is of course... muck...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

pp3 wrote: »
    Apparently I paid nearly 400k for a house in Charlesland Court - yet according to the management co (via the local newsletter) it is forbidden to change the colour of my front door!!!!

Ok! No satellite dishes and no sky lights on the front of properties I understand - that is governed under local planning laws after all. However, I personally find the majority of the colours of the front doors in charlesland court objectionable. I want a natural colour wood door - what is the logic of forbidding me to do same. It is bordering on fascist! Has anyone got a legal background who can advise? Do the mgmt co really have a leg to stand on? Will they come along some evening when I'm at theatre and paint my door green?

I do agree the front door is extreme but i think it comes under the one rule of not changing the front of your house - just think Vera Duckworth :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sky Captain

It's not that it's necessarily forbidden, you just have to ask permission. And I think the colour of my front door is fine, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Yeah you need to contact Management Company. Bit ridiculous though, no trellis etc on front of house. I had one up and no one batted an eyelid. Wouldnt be too concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

That is absolute crazy after paying that much for your house!

TBO if it was my house i would change or paint the door. As one poster said above , who owns the door you or the management co!!?!

It would put you of moving to a development :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It doesn't matter who owns it, you sign a contract with the management company.

This thread is pretty pointless until the OP just talks to the management company first, rather than having a big debate on what they might say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I painted my door well over a year ago. I received a letter insisting that i change it back but i ignored it.

A few weeks later, i receive a phone call from Cuala, explaining that i had to change it back as it's a breach of contract, i very politely explained that nothing on earth could get me to change it back, and that the majority of the houses on the other side of the green had painted doors....

The representative then explained that cuala were looking into hiring a painter to paint the doors of the home owners but for a fee.........

i reiterated my stance and I never heard from them again.

I'm in a 2 bed terrace.

Ru

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

no

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

dr ro wrote: »
    no

Getting the aul post count up??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dr ro, please try and elaborate a little, or just use After Hours for upping the postcount.

Advertisement