Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 318d es V 318d se

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi All,

Just wondering what is standard with the se pack that isnt with the es pack? Is air conditioning standard with the es pack? I'm thinking of buying one in the UK in a few weeks time and wondering if it is worth choosing the se pack for the extra money. I noticed the se comes with nicer alloys.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

se has climate, es has aircon. se has parking sensors, bigger wheels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definately go for the SE model, the ES is pretty basic. Which model/year are you looking at? The current E90 or previous generation E46?

Air Con has been pretty much standard on all 3 Series over in the UK since the late 1990s. SE will usually add climate controlled air con, multi function steering wheel, cruise control, electric rear windows, front arm rest, Park Distance Control and cd changer afaik.

My choice would be the Sport but the combination of 18" alloy wheels, lowered sports suspension and run flat tyres could make the ride very uncomfortable on Irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Definitely consider getting the 'Edition' pack (available with both ES and SE). Metallic, leather and some stonking alloys for a grand? Yes please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

go for the 320d becase it was way more pawer or a 2nd hand 520d

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

xbox36016 wrote: »
    go for the 320d becase it was way more pawer or a 2nd hand 520d
    A 330d was way more pawar again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prem_vw

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going for the current model e90, im leaning towards a 6 month old 08 318d se at the moment. It has plenty of power for me 144bhp so thats more than adequate. I was going to go for a 520d but they are about 12k more expensive.

I see alot of the 318's have sun protection glass, do you think this looks well?

prem_vw wrote: »
    I see alot of the 318's have sun protection glass, do you think this looks well?
    Do you mean privacy glass - very dark at the sides & rear? If so, then I don't. Plus, anything which reduces your vision can't be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prem_vw

Anan1 wrote: »
    Do you mean privacy glass - very dark at the sides & rear? If so, then I don't. Plus, anything which reduces your vision can't be good.

Here is a pic of the sun protection glass I mean. I dont think it looks well on a silver car but maybe on a black one it would.

prem_vw wrote: »
    Here is a pic of the sun protection glass I mean. I dont think it looks well on a silver car but maybe on a black one it would.
    That's privacy glass. I'd get a car without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I have it on my car, I like it. Visibility is not an issue, although yet to be tested on a dark, winters night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

have it on my black 320d and it looks very cool whit my 18insh rims also get a big spac one becase it is so east to till the diffance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Digidaz

prem_vw did you go ahead with your decision to buy the 318D ES/SE after that ? How are you finding it?

Im thinking of going for a (06) 318D ES myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I would be going for the 320d if I were going for a 4 cylinder 3 series. A 318i/d has the same engine size as the 320i/d but less power, so they're fairly pointless. The 320i is only a 4 cylinder in the E90 rather than a 6 cylinder like it was in all 3 series prior to this(though the E21 320i may have only had 4 cylinders too since the E12 520i had only 4 rather than 6 cylinders), so it has none of the refinement, character and noise a 6 cylinder model has and as the 320d has both more power, torque and mpg than a 320i it is a much better choice.

There should be no trouble finding a good 320d in the UK, since over 50% of E90s in the UK are 320ds.

But like all BMWs a 6 cylinder model is the best option really:D.

Advertisement