Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you reset a Cisco Aironet?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Once upon a time I bought a 2nd hand Cisco Aironet (1200 Series), but can't for the life of me get a PC to see it. I've tried hooking it up with the default settings with a console cable (9600 bits per second, 8 data bits, 1 stop bits, no parity, Xon/Xoff Flow Control), but not a peep :( I've tried PM'ing the seller on adverts.ie but no response. Thinking he may have sold me a lemon, as I can't seem to get it working.

Wondering is there any way to set it to default by some button pressing? The full model is "AIR-AP1231G-E-K9" if it helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nevermind... it's alive! The PC which had the serial port had Win2k on it. Never saw it, had problems getting the Com1 port to work. Since upgraded it to XP. Picked up the stuff straight off the bat.

/edit
    I spoke too soon. I got in, but it now wants a password :( Dang.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Usually Cisco with a captical c for user and pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Voodoo2 wrote: »
    Usually Cisco with a captical c for user and pass
    Cheers. Was trying cisco with a small C. The capital C worked, and conf t worked without a problem.

Now to figure out how to rename the broadcasting name, and allow wireless laptops to connect to it with WPA. Fun fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

On all Cisco 1200 series AP's there is a small reset button.
    Hold it down while powering up the unit.
    Wait for the Orange light then let go of the button.
    If you hold it till it goes red then you delete the image off the unit. (BAD)
    Any other questions on setup and congiuring PM me.
    Ed

• Advertisement
Advertisement