Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Closed

• 02-09-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

As above!

Are you happy with how your team did?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

As a Newcastle fan, god no.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

not really, as my team, arsenal, have not signed anyone.

now, in the past we've seen late transfers from wenger on deadline day but im not feeling confident to be honest.

still trying to process the robinho deal, calderon says the player was crying leaving the ground not wanting to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

As above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He didnt say he was crying because he didnt want to leave, he was crying because he wanted to leave and wasnt being allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Was it not when he heard of it first...then was wanted to go,thretened not to come back from Brazil unless they sold him, and was happy when he was told he was going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

ah right, but does anyone think he actually wanted to join city? i wonder had he heard of city...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's been a solid performance from all those at the club. I'm satisfied.

He had heard of the city,but more so the city of Manchester cause of United;)! Ah I'd say he was happy enough,£90,000 a week after tax is prob double what he was getting at Real!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's been a solid performance from all those at the club. I'm satisfied.
    Only satisfied! We were all expecting some gloating when you came back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

As a Villa fan I'd like us to have signed another striker, but overall happy enough with the window.

I reckon City fans will be delighted...some quality signings.

• Advertisement

Happy enough now that we got Berbatov....think they paid too much though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

very happy with villas window

Was it just Milner?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

If no one else comes in, then I will be rightly cheesed. We needed 3 or 4 before Milner left, and we have only brought in 2, one of which is a player from Uruguay, on a loan.

The club needs to come out and address this, and by this I don't mean just trotting out KK to try and appease the fans. Mike Ashley or one of the recruitment team need to come forth as to why personal were not brought in, when it is clear that our squad is wafer thin. If they don't, I can guarantee you attendances are going to sink, and the fans will start getting nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

kmart6 wrote: »
    Was it just Milner?!

are you for real?

friedel
    guzan
    davies
    sidwell
    shorey
    young
    cuellar
    milner

nearly £50m in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very happy with Fergie's transfer activity. I think Berbatov will become a hero very quickly at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

While I am still waiting on the Feirrera deal, the later it gets the less faith I have in my source, I am gutted with the way the Hammers have performed in this window. In fact it is the most inactive in terms of incomings i have ever seen.

In
    Valon Behrami (Roma)
    Jan Lastuvka (Shacter Donesk)

Out
    Richard Wright (Ipswich)
    John Pantsil (Fulham)
    Christian Dailly (Rangers)
    Tony Stokes (Brighton)
    Anton Ferdinand (Sunderland)
    George McCartney (Sunderland)
    Freddy Ljungberg (Out)
    Nolberto Soland (Out)
    Bobby Zamora (Fulham)
    Henri Camara (Wigan)

Pathetic sell out. We have no left back for the season, and with Jonathan Spector sidelined for 6 months I fear that the 6 points we have thus far may be the lot for quite some time

Lol shit,wasn't thinking straight at all,bit tired from watching all the transfer stuff! Wasn't trying to offend you/Villa or anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

pretty happy as a Chelsea fan. Jose didnt take our best players, Deco and Bosingwa look quality signings and we've cleared out a lot of the deadwood. Slightly gutted we didnt get Robinho, but sure, we've still a decent little team anyhow,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Disappointed that Berbatov was apparantly our only real target. He's a quality player, but with the anymosity between the 2 clubs it would have been prudent for Ferguson to pursue other players (Huntelaar, Eto'o...) in case it didn't go through. The sneaky bid by City was enough to push up the price and take it to the last minutes of the window.

All that said, while I'm not too happy at the way the window went, I'm really happy with the outcome :)

* Bit disappointed that Silvestre left after 9 years, but not exactly devastated as I would play the Da Silva twins ahead of him at this stage really
    * Ronaldo stays another year. I wouldn't be surprised if he left us next summer, but if he doesn't I'd say he's sure to go when Ferguson retires. Let's just get as much out of him as we can :)
    * Chris Eagles... seeya later. Not good enough and at his age he either is or he isn't.
    * Frazier Campbell... If we did not get Berbatov, then it would have been a blow to lose him, but as part of the Dimi deal I don't care at all. Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, and Manucho should really be enough. If a couple of them get injured then Ronaldo could play up front with Park or Hargreaves on the right. Basically Campbell would be handy as a back-up, but that's all.
    * Dimitar Berbatov. Happy indeed :) Thrilled with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well except berbatov United didnt get any other class player,but for me its most important they ssold few players they wouldnt count on in this season and in that way they got better financial situation,coz they earned some small ammount but most important get rid of their wages so i expect United will now be able to save some more money to bring another class player in January:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

kmart6 wrote: »
    Happy enough now that we got Berbatov....think they paid too much though!

I agree....

We sold more than we acquired...

But ah well we got Berba in the end...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

As a Liverpool fan, I'm happy we finally signed a left footed player, who is described as a left winger to play down the left for us :pac: ;):p. Just like to put some emphasis on the left. That is all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Het-Field wrote: »
    While I am still waiting on the Feirrera deal, the later it gets the less faith I have in my source, I am gutted with the way the Hammers have performed in this window. In fact it is the most inactive in terms of incomings i have ever seen.

In
    Valon Behrami (Roma)
    Jan Lastuvka (Shacter Donesk)

Out
    Richard Wright (Ipswich)
    John Pantsil (Fulham)
    Christian Dailly (Rangers)
    Tony Stokes (Brighton)
    Anton Ferdinand (Sunderland)
    George McCartney (Sunderland)
    Freddy Ljungberg (Out)
    Nolberto Soland (Out)
    Bobby Zamora (Fulham)
    Henri Camara (Wigan)

Pathetic sell out. We have no left back for the season, and with Jonathan Spector sidelined for 6 months I fear that the 6 points we have thus far may be the lot for quite some time

how much did McCartney go for. I just saw on another board that it was only £2.5m. Surely thats bullshit. Heard somewhere else it was 6m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Decent for Watford.

Considering the financial problems we're having it was a good transfer window. We raised four million through sales of Henderson and Sh1ttu.

Didn't let go of Smith or McAnuff either which I'm happy about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

ibh wrote: »
    how much did McCartney go for. I just saw on another board that it was only £2.5m. Surely thats bullshit. Heard somewhere else it was 6m.
    Undisclosed fee. Rumours estimate between £4.5m and £6m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not happy at all, in fact I'm quite worried that we could end up fighting relegation this season. That would be some jump backwards from the last three seasons where we finished 6th, 10th and 7th.

We lost two players who have been brilliant for us over the last few years in David Bentley and the legend Brad Friedel.

Of course while the two of them are big losses, the biggest loss of all is Mark Hughes.

He has been replaced by Paul Ince who I was prepared to give a chance to even though I did not like it when we signed him. I've seen three games and its clear that the defense is completely disorganised. After watching his performance in the transfer market as well I think we have a lot to concern us this season. We needed to buy RM to replace Bentley but we didn't, we needed to buy at least one RB but we get some United player on loan and he has not played yet. We needed a CB as well but no luck there either.
    Instead Ince has brought in a load of CM's and I don't see why. You'll see from my descriptions that they are not that exciting a bunch of players either.
    I fear the worst, I think we have another Brian Kidd on our hands as manager.

IN
    Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur - Blackburn Rovers) £3.5million We all know the story with this guy but not that bad a signing. Goalkeeper

Carlos Villanueva (Audax Italiano - Blackburn Rovers) Loan Deal Complete unknown over here, no European experience, but played well in his only game to date. Attacking Central Midfielder.

Danny Simpson (Manchester United - Blackburn Rovers) Loan Deal I don't know much about him, but obvously not brilliant or he would not be out on loan. Right back.

Julio Santa Cruz (Cerro Porteno - Blackburn Rovers) Undisclosed Fee I have a feeling he was signed to keep his well known older brother at the club. Forward.

Vince Grella (Torino - Blackburn Rovers)
    Undisclosed Fee Aussie International who has played at Torino for a couple of years. Looked desperate in his first game. Central Defensive Midfield.

Keith Andrews (MK Dons - Blackburn Rovers)
    Undisclosed Fee We bought this guy from MK Dons, so he done well in League two as captain for Ince last season, he is 28 and has two failed attempts at Championship level. So I have no clue what he is doing at Blackburn. Central Midfield.

Mark Bunn (Northampton - Blackburn Rovers) Undisclosed Fee League One 23 year old goalkeeper

Out
    Peter Enckelman -Released
    Stephane Henchoz - Released
    Bruno Berner - Released
    Raffaele De Vita (Blackburn - Livingstone) Free Transfer
    Brad Friedel (Blackburn Rovers - Aston Villa) £2million
    David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers - Tottenham Hotspur) £15million
    Jamie Clarke (Blackburn Rovers - Accrington Stanley) Loan Deal
    Maceo Rigters (Blackburn Rovers - Barnsley) Loan Deal
    Paul Gallagher (Blackburn Rovers - Plymouth) Loan Deal

Of course I hope I'm completely wrong about everything I've said but the last time I felt like this was when Brian Kidd was in charge.:(

^^^ You forgot Robbie Fowler!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

^^^ You forgot Robbie Fowler!!!
    What about him, unless we signed him today as a free agent, he was offered a pay per play deal and was not happy with it, he wanted a contract and was told he had no chance.

• Advertisement

Oh really? I thought he'd signed last week. My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Oh really? I thought he'd signed last week. My bad

Tell the money men at COMS to get the wallet out again, as there is a player still in the market they can make a statement of intent with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

What is it with clubs and "adminitrative errors" when it comes to pulling last minute buys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

eagle eye wrote: »
    Danny Simpson (Manchester United - Blackburn Rovers) Loan Deal I don't know much about him, but obvously not brilliant or he would not be out on loan.

Danny Simpson is a very good player and will be a prized asset to you! thats why he was not sold, coz fergie knows he doesnt want to lose him just yet!

Tell the money men at COMS to get the wallet out again, as there is a player still in the market they can make a statement of intent with.

Been there, done that, bought one of his houses! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

MIN2511 wrote: »
    What is it with clubs and "adminitrative errors" when it comes to pulling last minute buys?
    Well I'm sure with all of the rushing about at the very last minute there is bound to be some errors on the administrative end of things. I'd guess there is a good bit of paperwork to be processed in a short space of time...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Danny Simpson is a very good player and will be a prized asset to you! thats why he was not sold, coz fergie knows he doesnt want to lose him just yet!
    I totally agree, Danny Simpson is one hell of a player. He might not make it because of Brown, Neville and Rafael being ahead of him in the pecking order but he would certainly make it at most Premiership clubs.

Advertisement