Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb mobile rolling out or not?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if and when digiweb are rolling out their mobile product or is there any info on whether it will be just in towns or in rural area's also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Haven't heard anything since the big noise pre their trial launch. Have heard mixed reports from trialists, so they might be ironing out the cracks before a bigger release. I'm sure they'll also think it's commercially sensitive to announce where they're about to release, so we probably won't hear anything until a given launch within a town/city.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You won't hear anything till it happens. Very sensitive re eircom DSL fixing up and Mobile Company capacity/mast additions.

There is a trial of joint Digiweb/UPC BB/phone/Digital TV using the Digiweb Mobile technology just started last week in North Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Thanks anyway guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭sk8board

watty wrote: »
    There is a trial of joint Digiweb/UPC BB/phone/Digital TV using the Digiweb Mobile technology just started last week in North Dublin.

I ordered the 14-day trial of this today from Digiweb. Its €50 for NTL digital basic, <=5.3Mb broadband, and phone (I assume VoIP). Only thing they didn't have details on was the phone call packages, but I use it so rarely, I'm not bothered.

I currently pay €40 to imagine (of which €25 to eircom) for 1mb BB plus phone (no call package) and €25 to NTL as usual.

the offer I received through the post was for existing chorus/NTL customers only, and came from NTL, not from Digiweb, but was co-branded.

EDIT: heres the press release. Its north County Dublin only for now.
    http://media.digiweb.ie/pr/2008/08/21/digiweb-upc-chorus-ntl-join-forces-to-create-broadband-phone-and-tv-bundle/

Advertisement