Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summons

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Del2005 wrote: »
    While I agree with the number plate, it's written in law the specs for them. What exact law is a stupid exhaust breaking? I thought we had no laws for noise and AFAIK bad taste isn't a punishable offence yet:D Or is it public nuisance?

There is noise pollution laws and theres one relating to mufflers and exhaust noises. You know the ones I mean, sound like a rocket taking off then you see a 1990 Micra going past your house :p

Rex,
    I dont know much about cars, not my thing its just something I noticed in the pics but big engines still have reasonable exhausts and mufflers etc or they couldnt be registered. If it came with it and is 'normal' sounding then fair enough I wont doubt you.

My personal opinion is that the reg in the pic isnt so bad. Its reasonably legal unlike the calligraphy writing thats 1 mm big :rolleyes:

Just so you know, the law for regs isnt so you get tickets its so your car can be identified if involved in a crime or stolen etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

FX Meister wrote: »
    boring!

Classy contribution!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FX Meister wrote: »
    boring!
    Proof that a person's postcount doesn't mean much!

Not your ornery onager

You really put faith in post count? You should know better than that. Or maybe you just proved your own statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

+1 much?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AJ1

rex-x wrote: »
    EDIT: that loudspeaker of an exhaust is what the Hdi comes with i didnt buy that . . . . its very quiet, a big engine needs a big exhaust
    I disagree. My car is a 2.5L and it's not as big as that, thought it's a twin bore so that might be a factor :D

esel wrote: »
    +1 much?

No. I hate +1 and the spas that do it. I do FACT quite freauently. Not as much as I used to though

Advertisement