Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 1/9 spoilers within?

• 02-09-2008 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Jesus, that Charlie Haas guy looks like so many different people.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

OP put spoilers in the title.

24l7amt.gif

Poor Shawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i thaught it was a decent raw, i actually like the charlie haas stuff, good for raw to be funny again!

delighted that orton is back, (obviously not fully but back on the mic and in the limelight) and going to be an interesting stable with priceless (worthless :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

It was good seeing Orton back good promo from him

Could we be seeing the beginning of a heel stable with Rhodes/Di Biase :cool:

I missed it, dammit.

Anything new about Kane/Rey/The RAW Scramble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

indeed, an enjoyable raw.

im liking batista's more 'animal-like' attitude....i.e. destroy everyone. that's what got him over in the first place so im glad there seems to be more emphasis on this side of his character.

im slowly changing my mind on the punk reign. the build has been slow but depending on how this sunday is handled, it seems to be building well. The battle royal, although short, i thought sold the underdog champion quite well.

id still prefer a stronger champion, due to personal preference, but the angle is growing on me.

jericho and shawn continues to be a gripping build, with jericho particularly outstanding i thought last night. what's the official prognosis on shawn? (im sure this may hav been dealt with in another thread)

and yes very much poor shawn, did not look comfortable :(

• Advertisement

Bah.. what a bunch of crap?!

I'm a very angry Kane fan right now. But i wont go into detail with my rant thats im building up in my head until "spoilers" is wrote in the title...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

rovert wrote: »
    OP put spoilers in the title.

24l7amt.gif

Poor Shawn

Yeah I was surprised he got up so quickly, that looked like it could've really hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a decent enough show. Was good to see Orton back and I liked his promo. The stuff with him and Punk was interesting.

Can't say I'm a fan of Charlie Haas' gimmick which has been done to death so many times.

Mark Henry winning the Battle Royale was quite lame.

The stuff with Noble and Regal highlighted how far Regal has fallen, particularly how he got pinned and simply walked out of the ring afterwards like he didn't even mind.

I was pleased to see Candice back but to say she was a bit ring rusty would be an understatement. Damn. Get rid of that entrance theme too please.

Santino stuff is a bit cartoonish. Wonder if D-Lo regrets coming back?

The stuff with Orton, Dibiase and Rhodes has me wondering if they are teasing a faction at some point in the future. I'd like to see that happen.

I have no idea what is going with Kane and Rey. Could someone explain to me why Kane has it in for him? Did he not like Rey's World Title run either?

The stuff with Jericho and Michaels was alright. Wasn't crazy about it. I didn't like it as the final segment of the show. I'm still hating Jericho's new direction.

Overall I'd say the best stuff was in the first hour.

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah I was surprised he got up so quickly.

Adrenaline
    that looked like it could've really hurt.

Yeah, what if he didnt have his arm out to break the fall.

Head seemed to break most of it I thought.

Thought the battle Royale match was poor tbh. Just nothing to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I didnt watch raw, but can someone explain to me:

24l7amt.gif

What was going on here, who was that that shawn was on top of?
    Did he land on his head?! :confused:

He was on top of Cade.

How's it look to you?

I didnt watch raw, but can someone explain to me:

What was going on here, who was that that shawn was on top of?
    Did he land on his head?! :confused:

His forearms stopped his head from touching the ground, and Lance Cade.

OK, So Kane kills Rey's spirit.

Now, if your spirit is "dead", i'd assume you'd suffer from heavy depression and contemplate what the point in life is? Right?

Not Rey!

He comes out, hopping around, setting off pyro, and then not only does he do that.. He also kicks the ass of the guy thats not only much taller, heavier and more monsterous than him, but he same guy that has been telling us that he's the reason Rey wasn't around for weeks.

If i was Orton i'd be crashing my bike again. If Rey can obliterate a 7' 327lbs'er, imagine what the optimistic bastard would do to a guy coming off of injury :eek:

Poor Punk, too.. He must be terrified going into the PPV. Super-Rey is among us.

(Who else thinks Rey will be 'the dark knight' during his PPV Entrance? :rolleyes:)

[/rant]

Yeah WTF was the point of the Kane/Rey story? Kane destroys his spirit, and stops Rey coming back for weeks, but as soon as they're in front of the crowd Rey takes him out easily. Maybe they'll get into a longterm program together after Unforgiven:rolleyes:

He was on top of Cade.

How's it look to you?

That he was going to 619 him, :p

He comes out, hopping around, setting off pyro, and then not only does he do that.. He also kicks the ass of the guy thats not only much taller, heavier and more monsterous than him, but he same guy that has been telling us that he's the reason Rey wasn't around for weeks.

If i was Orton i'd be crashing my bike again. If Rey can obliterate a 7' 327lbs'er, imagine what the optimistic bastard would do to a guy coming off of injury :eek:

[/rant]

Lmfao
    Yeah WTF was the point of the Kane/Rey story? Kane destroys his spirit, and stops Rey coming back for weeks, but as soon as they're in front of the crowd Rey takes him out easily. Maybe they'll get into a longterm program together after Unforgiven:rolleyes:

Lets hope not, this angle is "dead"....

(see what i done there?)

He comes out, hopping around, setting off pyro, and then not only does he do that.. He also kicks the ass of the guy thats not only much taller, heavier and more monsterous than him

The must have done a find and replace on the script with the names Cena and Rey when re-writing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How has Kane killed Rey's spirit exactly? The bag was revealed to contain Rey's mask which had everyone scratching their heads. 'Is he alive or dead?' what was that all about?

It just seems like they're making it up as they go along.

There doesn't seem to be any reason whatsoever for Kane going all maniacal over Rey Mysterio. Are they actually going to try and write themselves out of the hole they've put themselves into with this storyline or are we just supposed to accept that there is no logic behind Kane's actions?

How has Kane killed Rey's spirit exactly? The bag was revealed to contain Rey's mask which had everyone scratching their heads. 'Is he alive or dead?' what was that all about?

There doesn't seem to be any reason whatsoever for Kane going all maniacal over Rey Mysterio. Are they actually going to try and write themselves out of the hole they've put themselves into with this storyline or are we just supposed to accept that there is no logic behind Kane's actions?

Yes

As a Kane fan who doesn't want to openly admit they've been crapping on his storylines for years, this is what I'll blindly believe:

Kane's character has evolved. Retro Kane had no problem coming to the ring, beating people up, etc. for no reason, but the current version of Kane can't justify not having a reason. He has become much more poetic in his attacks.

Kane, it would seem, was reciting lines from his own poem (or attack on Rey) to get the audience interested. When he had garnered enough interest, he would reveal that he had broken Rey's spirit (as opposed to a physical attack, as he'd rather kill the spirit, thus, in the long term, should his plan be successful, he will have completely eliminated rey from the roster as Rey will have no drive or enthusiasm, much like those who were employed by WCW).

However, sadly for Kane,he didn't do his research on Rey, and therefore was not informed of his super-human strengths and uncannily optimistic attitude.

I know Rovert was kinda taking the piss with his comment, but i believe there is some truth to it. I believe Rey is our new John Cena. He will overcome the odds, beat down the opposition, and likely go on to hold the tag straps with Batista (I can't imagine how much $$$ Rey rakes in from his merchandise).

If Cena will be gone for a while, WWE would be quick to replace him i feel, as its only smart.

Next week I look forward to Kane getting threatened by Rey, and Kane admitting that he had never hurt Rey in the first place, but instead, was just trying to get the audience pumped up for his return and help sell a few extra replica masks. Rey will suddenly be thankful for this, Kane will have an instant face turn. In the coming weeks we'll see vignettes of Kane and Rey having lunch together and discussing basic mask-making. Batista will be involved and it will be a little group of best friends. They'll move into an apartment together and begin to live life happily.

That is until of course a new landlord is brought in. He'll start charging too much rent and there'll be many arguments, until a landlord sends a letter stating that Batista, Kane and Rey are getting evicted. He will be around with two repo-men the following week.

The two repo men will turn out to be Rhodes and Di'biase, and the landlord; none other than randy orton.

This will then lead us into a 3 on 3 ladder match at survivor series, where all the necessary paperwork will be suspended above the ring, and whichever team gets it keeps the apartment.

Sorry... i got carried away :o

Lesson of this thread Kane fans are weirdos.

• Advertisement

With the way wwe have been writing and the push for PG, this might actually happen...

But why call them repo men, cos it could get confusing....

071007repoman.jpg

No, lesson of this thread is that kane fans have a sense of humor.

Just cos you can't come up with anything better :p

Just cos you can't come up with anything better :p

KANE hardly sparks inspiration, while this does:
    BREAKINBK.gif

Shawn Michaels break dancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

^^^ excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Well that was the biggest pop that poor Charlie Hass will ever get. Unless next week he imitates The Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

not informed of his super-human strengths and uncannily optimistic attitude.

In the coming weeks we'll see vignettes of Kane and Rey having lunch together and discussing basic mask-making.

:D:D:D:D:D

THAT is funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Charlie Haas is excellent doing this gimmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wow Jamie Noble won a match :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I love the way WWE took the entire concept of TNA's X-Division and boiled it down to just one man: Charlie Haas.

The unedited footage of the Candice match:
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=85GS6248

She has a bit of ring rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The unedited footage of the Candice match:
    http://www.megavideo.com/?v=85GS6248

She has a bit of ring rush

Candice Michelle looked really different

Has she had some work done to her face?

JP Liz wrote: »
    Candice Michelle looked really different

Has she had some work done to her face?

Reconstructive work rather cosmetic after she broke her nose from my understanding. Im genuinely scared watching her wrestle these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

She was so dodgy on her comeback wasnt she

callaway92 wrote: »
    She was so dodgy on her comeback wasnt she

Dodgier than a bypass surgery performed by a tinker ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dodgier than a bypass surgery performed by a tinker ;)

This is an epic fail

Advertisement