Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Separation by Chrisopher Priest (spoilers)

Options
  • 02-09-2008 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I hope a few boardsies have read this one because it's fantastic. I'm not even sure how to begin tackling it, I finished it only minutes ago and my thoughts haven't quite settled. I suppose I could some up in a number of ways:
    1) Wow.
    2) What.
    3) OK....
    The book follows identical twins as they are separated from each other by the events of WW2. There appears to multiple realities entwined in the narrative or at the least two seperate realities, that of one twin and the other. But then I remember the words of Captain Levy who was shot down with Jack. He said that Jack died when the plane went down. That was that mans account. But in both of the twins accounts Jack survived. Wait... Ahh I should have given this more time to settle! What a great book, it makes you have to think about it. So, has anyone read it? Thoughts? Insights? I'm not going to say much more until I can knock up some diagrams. :D I might need the visual aid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

Bump.
    I liked this but i thought the end didn't pull it together as much as I would have liked. Did you read any of his other stuff such as The Affirmation or The Glamour?

Advertisement