Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roche in the Vuelta

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

It's been a fantastic performance from him since day 1 of the Vuelta.

I've actually found the racing to be poor enough (esp as Bertie is running away with it) but Roche has been really consistent and it's been great to have someone to shout for in the peleton..

I don't thing I'm exaggerating when I say he'll DEFINITELY win the tour of france next year....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Best stage of the fuking race, and I missed it... damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjYMmQIdUew

short hilight video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Man, that guy's pronunciation was brutal! Nicola Roche???? :eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Man, that guy's pronunciation was brutal! Nicola Roche???? :eek:

His name is spelled Nicolas and I believe that's how it's pronounced in France. I'm sure Caroline can confirm. Mind you, his Da calls him Nicholas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    His name is spelled Nicolas and I believe that's how it's pronounced in France. I'm sure Caroline can confirm. Mind you, his Da calls him Nicholas.

It is the french pronunciation, but the geezer's Oirish, isn't he (his mum aside :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

It is the french pronunciation, but the geezer's Oirish, isn't he (his mum aside :) )

Yeah he says he's 100% Oirish, he was in my school for a year or two and came out for a few spins with our club, he def stood out back then for different reasons, some right some wrong!!

There's a decent photo and coverage in the Irish Times, for a change - bodes well for future coverage. It was great seeing him on Eurosport last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Very exciting stuff! Great to see Roche doing so well. Makes me nervous though....it's almost too good to be true.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Great stage yesterday. Caisse d'Epargne played Kiryienka like a violin. He looked like an utterly beaten man on that final climb. Knew he was doomed and just kept ploughing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Well, Roche hung on to 13th place. Fair play. Here's hoping he can put in a good show in another grand tour next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Junior

Right lads, I've got a framed autographed shot of him in the Irish TT Championships, think I should hold onto it a while more might be worth something eh ?

The best Irish result in a very very long time, in fact better than Dan Martin's result I'd go as far as to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Not sure if this has been posted but check out 3:31 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BrvsSOs920

At least his finger didn't slip up his nose :p

Advertisement