Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Theives...

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

At some point in the last week or so, some fecker has taken the bottle cage off me Paddy Wagon -only just noticed it today, but it was a 2.50 piece of junk (the cage, not the bike!)-wtf!!!!! [/rant]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Keep an eye in the buy and sell, it might turn up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

buy and sell for a 2.50e bottle cage, I doubt it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

They'll take anything not nailed down sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

This happened to me once, bizarre. Left my quick release wheels thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Very strange altogether. Seems more like the activity of a crow than a thief. A crow with allen keys, perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Let me get this straight: Some guy came along with a set of Allen keys, took the time to undo the two screws and walked off with an alloy bottle cage? Why?? I bet it was really shiny, I've heard scumbags like shiny things!

We can start a "New bottle cage for Tiny" fund, I'll pledge 5 cent!

Also, my dispatch came with a track nut removal tool (complete with bottle opener) I stupidly affixed it to a bottle mount but quickly took it off again when I realised I was providing would-be thieves with everything they would need to take my wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Let me get this straight: Some guy came along with a set of Allen keys, took the time to undo the two screws and walked off with an alloy bottle cage? Why?? I bet it was really shiny, I've heard scumbags like shiny things!

It was a cheapo black BBB one. They came, undid the screws, and took them and the cage -there wasn't even a bottle in it or anything!

I like the idea of the fundraiser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

people just do it out of boardom, have had breaks uncliped, didn't relaise till half way down a hill, once had a quick release saddle, had the lock cable around the bracket on it, people would just release the lever, even though the saddle could not be taken

once had my lights stolen, altough the little theives had to work hard for them, was a set of battered leds, so battered and worn, it often took me a few minutes to clip/or unclip them to/off the bracket, you nearly had to break the things to take them off,

so battered/worn, difficult to remove, never expected them to get taken

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

irish-stew wrote: »
    have had breaks uncliped, didn't relaise till half way down a hill,

Sweet jebus that would be an underwear changing moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

I pledge 4 cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm going to raise the bar a bit here, 10 cents.

Woohoo! 19 cent pledged already.... a few more people join in, and I can get this... :D

Woohoo! 19 cent pledged already.... a few more people join in, and I can get this... :D

Come now, don't be pushing it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

jaysus, saw the title and thought one of the bikes had been nicked. 2.50 bottle cage ain't so bad. Maybe they thought they were doing you a favour, that cage must weigh an awful lot. You'll rocket up the hills now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I pledge €3.48*

The alloy is yours.:D

*Pledge based on today's exchange rate less 19 cents already pledged

Cheers guys! :D

Cheers guys! :D

Just don't ask for a Pinarello or anything now.

Raam wrote: »
    Just don't ask for a Pinarello or anything now.

I should have raised my sights a little... I also need new bolts for it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I should have raised my sights a little... I also need new bolts for it though...

just take them from any of the bikes lying at the racks in town, with no bottle cages on them. They'll NEVER notice :DI am joking of course.

Advertisement