Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer server type vote

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

VOTES

What server type ? 15 votes

Open RvR - Order
    0% 0 votes
    Closed RvR - Order
    13% 2 votes
    Open RvR - Destruction
    6% 1 vote
    Closed RvR - Destruction
    80% 12 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    VOTES

Closed? You mean core? And the servers aren't split between order and destruction either.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I would prefer Order to be honest. I know Destruction look way cooler and yeah who dosent wanna be a badass Greenskin or Chaos or whatever!

BECAUSE I reckons everyone and there mother is going to be Destruction meaning allot of queing or waiting for Order to come online... (not too sure how the RvR system works if it allows one side to outnumber the other)

If everyone goes Order from boards... we managed to combine together on 1 server and have a LITTLE coordination + cooperation we can OWN everything. IMO TBQFH.

Feedback !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And where the Atari Waaaghuar (see what i did there:))?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Spear wrote: »
    Closed? You mean core? And the servers aren't split between order and destruction either.

The games not even out yet and I'm a epic FAIL.
    To used to wow

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    we managed to combine together on 1 server and have a LITTLE coordination + cooperation we can OWN everything. IMO TBQFH.

Feedback !

Been wondering if other Irish people are into PvP as much as I am.
    From my short experience in WoW etc, anyone Irish I met was mad into PvE and said they couldnt be bothered with PvP. :eek:

• Advertisement

Luckily, Warhammer is a PvP game. Some PvE, but mostly PvP. Which is ****ing sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

KoKane wrote: »
    Been wondering if other Irish people are into PvP as much as I am.
    From my short experience in WoW etc, anyone Irish I met was mad into PvE and said they couldnt be bothered with PvP. :eek:

For me, MMO's are ALL about PVP, the whole PvE thing is just really a grind for me. I appreciate alot of aspects to it, but still all in all its just a grind.

What I like about the WAR structure is that you can PVP from the start and have proper battles \ keep takes and such, which should be fun.

I forget the server types, but I will be going the one which was the same as when I use to play DAOC, which I think is Core RVR although I could be wrong.. and Im going Destruction

I also plan on hitting 40 within the first two weeks but we will see how that goes.

Well like I said, my time playing with Irish people in WoW was short but thats the only MMO I've encountered any, bar two or three in Ultima Online, who were also of the non pvping variety :/

Good to hear though. I find its a little easier to get along with and rely on fellow Irish players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im late jumping onto the WAR bandwagon but i like a balance of pvp and pve, more leaning towards pvp.

deffo dont wanna be order. never played alliance toons in wow either.

supposedly atm in the closed beta (i think) the population is almost perfectly balanced between the two.

deffo destruction. chaos looks amazing, as do the orcs and dark elves

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

copeyhagen wrote: »
    im late jumping onto the WAR bandwagon but i like a balance of pvp and pve, more leaning towards pvp.

deffo dont wanna be order. never played alliance toons in wow either.

supposedly atm in the closed beta (i think) the population is almost perfectly balanced between the two.

deffo destruction. chaos looks amazing, as do the orcs and dark elves

It wasn't, destruction was usually about 30 to 50 percent more than order.

• Advertisement

Didnt a recent poll show a fairly even balance on the beta servers?

Not sure how recent it was, but yeh there was one with a 200/205 kinda count (those arent exact numbers but it was really close)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh theyre the numbers i seen. might have been on the official site last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

it has the be full RvR server. war is a pvp game, so joining a sever that isnt full pvp is just pointless.

If anyone played the beta, is it like daoc were there are battles of fg vs fg? or is it a big leeching fest, thats one thing i never liked in wow..

toxick wrote: »
    it has the be full RvR server. war is a pvp game, so joining a sever that isnt full pvp is just pointless.

If anyone played the beta, is it like daoc were there are battles of fg vs fg? or is it a big leeching fest, thats one thing i never liked in wow..

It's usually in the form of full warbands rather than 6 man parties.

How big is a full warband?

Kiith wrote: »
    How big is a full warband?

24 people.

Advertisement