Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long (driving) from Blanch. to Santry?

• 02-09-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi,
    Didn't know where to put this here / motoring?
    Anyone know how long in the evening (around 6PM) would it take to get from Blanchardstown to Santry?
    Will I go on M50 / on back roads?
    Have to get to Northwood Business Campus.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd take the back roads out to Finglas, keep heading straight for ballymun road, turn left at junction with collins ave and drive straight up ballymun road, turn right onto santry ave and then left into northwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

ecaf wrote: »
    Hi,
    Didn't know where to put this here / motoring?
    Anyone know how long in the evening (around 6PM) would it take to get from Blanchardstown to Santry?
    Will I go on M50 / on back roads?
    Have to get to Northwood Business Campus.
    Thanks,

I would go via the M50 for sure and get off at the Ballymun exit and you are literally 50metres from the entry to Northwood.
    Avoid the other suggestion. There are so many traffic lights all around Finglas and one accident or slowdown on those sh1tty backroads roads that join finglas to blanch and you are stuck. The only heavy traffic you meet is getting on to the M50 but you will never stop and never slow down below 60kph. I do this journey once or twice a week at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Thanks, I ended up going via the M50 at 5:15pm anyway. Heavy traffic from the merge just before the Blanchardstown village roundabout as far as the M50. When I got on at the M50 it was slow, but started moving just after the slip road. I got off at the Ballymun exit and it was really easy to find from there.
    Thanks anyway for the answers, but I was at Northwood around 5:40, and spent another 10 minutes trying to find the office I was going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

ecaf wrote: »
    Thanks, I ended up going via the M50 at 5:15pm anyway. Heavy traffic from the merge just before the Blanchardstown village roundabout as far as the M50. When I got on at the M50 it was slow, but started moving just after the slip road. I got off at the Ballymun exit and it was really easy to find from there.
    Thanks anyway for the answers, but I was at Northwood around 5:40, and spent another 10 minutes trying to find the office I was going to.

No probs. If you went the other way I can surely tell you it would be longer than 25 mins.

Advertisement