Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STALKER: Clear Sky

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

quarryman wrote: »
    What does changing the A-Life effect? That's just the AI right?

The a life is the supposed 'living' environment, you know the way random stuff just 'happens' in stalker. You get alot mroe of those 'WTF?!' moments! Theres new enemies too which are really cool..its pretty much how stalker shouldve been (tho i dont like the vehicles really)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah i grabbed a vehicle, hit an anomaly and spun about 15 times in the air, landed on the wheels and kept driving, totally unrealistic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What does changing the A-Life effect? That's just the AI right?

Is that setting under video settings is it?I cant see it :s

also is the latest patch for clear sky 1.5.01 or sumthing is it?

don't get you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Latest is 1.5.0.5 linked up above there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

yeah i grabbed a vehicle, hit an anomaly and spun about 15 times in the air, landed on the wheels and kept driving, totally unrealistic.

How do you grab a vehicle in stalker ?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There was a mod that you had to install which allowed it. Apparently the Oblivion Lost mod also included it in its many fixes.

Yeah i'm playing it with Oblivion Lost.

Actually the mod is pissing me off a bit:

The game seems WAY harder. I'm finding myself reloading a LOT, even with skill on novice.

The enemies will land a grenade on your head, no problem.

If you lose a certain ammount of health you kind of limp along. You're basically a sitting duck.

Weapon jamming seems far more common. Very annoying.

I might go back to the non-modded (vanilla) game.

Yeah i'm playing it with Oblivion Lost.

Actually the mod is pissing me off a bit:

The game seems WAY harder. I'm finding myself reloading a LOT, even with skill on novice.

The enemies will land a grenade on your head, no problem.

If you lose a certain ammount of health you kind of limp along. You're basically a sitting duck.

Weapon jamming seems far more common. Very annoying.

I might go back to the non-modded (vanilla) game.

Oblivion lost is alot harder, until you get past the army under the bridge at cordon. Then once you get a decent AK, it really begins to shine. And the difficulty is part of the experience, you cant just runa rond the zone willy nilly shooting at the army or other stalkers unless youre 100% certain you can win..

yep i put about 10 hours into it over the weekend and it is HARD. (Oblivion Lost mod for Shadow of Chernobyl).

It actually is bordering on the edge of frustrating. I'm finding a lot of quick-loading going on. (I have skill set on novice also).

I hate the weapon jamming aspect.

I hate the sway/limping that goes on when you get injured.

Other that that its ok.

Between the over-tricky parts it is really satisfying when you manage to take out a bunch of bad guys and escape with mission documents etc. The difficulty adds to the tension. But then you might be limping back to the barkeep and get attacked by a random mutant, agghh.

Also the addition of vehicles is a mixed bag. They work as a virtual tank in mowing the enemy down and acting as an almost bullet-proof mode of transport. But they are very unstable. Its easy to get stuck in the environment of get thrown into the air.

Despite the torture it can be playing the game i keep coming back. There's something really addictive about the gameplay.

I'm really off topic here, haven't discussed Clear Sky once.

• Advertisement

and another thing about SOC is that stealth just does not work.

I've tried sneaking up on ememies but regularly get spotted and shot down.

The main problem is with the visbility bar. It jumps AFTER you have been spotted. What's the point of that.
    I actually like the way every noise you make effects your visibility, reloading the gun, changign weapon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

0ubliette wrote: »
    But if you never palyed the fully patched version, and never sampled any of the excellent mods like oblivion lost, you really cant comment on the overall quality of the game. I was pissed off with it at first too, it barely ran on my old machine. now its fully patched, fully modded and runs like a dream on my new PC, i can safely say its one of the best FPS's of all time

In fairness, I played the game that was released as a finished product, which sadly it wasn't.

Still, never got around to selling it, and heard a lot of good things about the mods, so might dig it out and install it again sometime and see if I'm converted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are 1.5.04 and 1.5.05 the only patches that have been released thus far?is there any point installing 1.5.04?could I just install 1.5.05

are 1.5.04 and 1.5.05 the only patches that have been released thus far?is there any point installing 1.5.04?could I just install 1.5.05

just go with 1.5.05, it seems quite stable. Havent had any crashes since isntalling it.

The mod scene is already picking up for CS, if anyones interested. Go to http://stalker.filefront.com

Best of the bunch are:

Gnomus' scopes for CS
    Revamped Terrain pack
    SHARPER textures
    FLOAT32 you can get that from thefloatingpoint.org tho
    And some of the accuracy fixes too really improve the gunplay

cool thanks,and where do I save the patch?into what folder does it go?

never mind sorted it :-).

Has there been 3 or 4 patches released for this game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Has there been 3 or 4 patches released for this game?

5 so far, latest is 1.5.0.7

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/stalker.php

are patches 1.5.06 and 1.5.07 the same?I read somewhere that they were.

are patches 1.5.06 and 1.5.07 the same?I read somewhere that they were.

They came in very quick succession, and the notes for 1.5.0.7 mention compatibility with 1.5.0.6, but other than that, there seems to be no difference. However I can't imagine they'd waste their time and bandwidth on 1.5.0.7 if they hadn't changed something, even if it is something minor.

• Advertisement

thanks for that spear.

Advertisement