Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keegan to walk (watch this space)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Keegan 'Quits Newcastle United'

The ex-England boss and captain's second reign with the Magpies came to an end after his hopes for three or four major signings failed to materialise.

The transfer window closed at midnight on Monday.

Sky sources had said earlier that the 57-year-old missed a training session because he was locked in talks with club owner Mike Ashley.

Fans blasted Newcastle’s board over the news.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Premier-League-Football-Manager-Kevin-Keegan-Quits-Newcastle-United-Football-Club/Article/200809115091442?&lid=NEWS_TAB_KEEGAN_QUITS_NEWCASTLE_UNITED&lpos=TABCONTENT

Crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Oh, so he's off then.

Good call OP.

No wait I forgot some ":eek::eek::eek:" ......oh wait it's Keegan :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Billy Smart to take over as head Ring-Master?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Get Slavin Bilic in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Why is the Sky website so slow to update the things?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Get Slavin Bilic in!

Shearer probably the fans favorite now........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They'll get Shearer in, he'll last six months, the circle of life at Newcastle continues.

It's obvious why Keegan's gone - they didn't get their cermonial striker to parade around in place of a trophy this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Dennis Wise will get it and they will get relegated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

The club is a car crash! I see Dennis Wise taking the hot seat. The fans will love that:pac: Seriously though, the whole set-up seems ludicrous. I seriously see Wise getting the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Dennis Wise...he is the man behind the recent signings allegedly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I find this an absolute joke, wonder how charlie McHugh feels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

JimiTime wrote: »
    The club is a car crash! I see Dennis Wise taking the hot seat. The fans will love that:pac: Seriously though, the whole set-up seems ludicrous. I seriously see Wise getting the nod.
    I want Shearer to get to watch him crash and burn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wat a joke of a club.

everyone said this would happen and newcastle fans went ape**** in protest claiming it wouldnt. how they had changed etc etc etc

whenever i feel down about Liverpool, i only have to look at Newcastle to realise just how much worse things could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol do football grounds seriously sell non alcoholic beer?!

lol I think that was only a statement released to get him out of it akaik, how do you prove it was alcoholic, said it was a drink given to him and he took it in good faith iirc. You're not allowed drink any alcohol in view of the pitch in England, not the same abroad though!

As for Keegan, I'd say he got sick of having Wise and Ashley in his ear when neither of them know nearly as much about the game as he does

• Advertisement

drinking alcohal is a "bannable from the ground offence" afaik, 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I find it hilarious that I can use the exact same post as last time they did this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54823891&postcount=89
    astrofool wrote:
    Newcastle is a club run by idiots with idiot fans, how they can give a new manager 8 months to turn them from the biggest laughing stock in football to a credible club I don't know, and they deserve to get relegated for their sheer utter undeniable cretinism, and hopefully they'll do a Leeds on it and play "sexy football" in the conference.

The timing is absolutely braindead as well, it means a whole transfer window wasted hiring someone else, AND the players Keven got in are going to be wondering how soon they can get out of it.

As I think it was Kdjcal said on the Newcastle thread, they'd be better up winding up the club, selling the stadium, and starting again with a 5 a side team and 4 jumpers.

Although I did have to change the managers first name, and they have managed to have even worse timing than last time, with the transfer window closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

All I can say is that I feel physically ill right now.

I woke up hoping o hear about a possible last min deal we might have pulled off, and then saw this news.

I have defended Ashley and Co.but if Kev has walked, then god help the fools, there will be riots on St. James if Wise or Ashley are seen near the place.

People can slate Kev for being a quitter and wha not, but he has done this because his hand has been forced, I can guarantee you of that. Keegan is Newcastle through and through, more so than Shearer, and if he has walked away, it's because his job was being made impossible for him.

:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's as though internet posts were more valuable than points, money or pies the way these clubs are vying to outdo each other in the kerazee stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

So is the new manager going to be realistic and just sign an 8 month contract?

I can't see who would go there now. Dennis Wise must get the job, by virtue of no one else wanting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Jesus anyone watchin SSN...just like all "gilfs" nearly:P

Charlie: Kevs hand is ALWAYS forced. He is just not cut out for management at the top level i'm afraid.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Charlie: Kevs hand is ALWAYS forced. He is just not cut out for management at the top level i'm afraid.

Al, i'm just too dejected to get into a debate about this now, but I disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ah sure it'll be Rijkaard coming in. Viva la Total Football !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Keegan Sacked

What contract was he on? What payment will he get??

Don't worry - Stan might be available. Leeds would be keen to let him go??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Am I right in saying Ruud is free these days?

Or daiglish;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

And they started the season well. I guess he got fed up.

Surely Wise isn't getting the job? The fans would be sickened by that I'm sure.

Ha...on Setanta Sports, outside St. James Park: "There is a crowd growing here..." [cut to shot of 3 people].

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

how does xisco feel....

• Advertisement

I wish those rent a chav lot that always turn up for SSN would fuck right off.

Just can't get my around this if he has been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

CHD wrote: »
    how does xisco feel....

Last i heard, he was singing about thongs..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I wish those rent a chav lot that always turn up for SSN would fuck right off.

Just can't get my around this if he has been sacked.

Yeh theyre gas, you know there is somebody behind the camera getting the goons to start chanting any auld slop as soon as the reporter finishes his eh..report!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sky are saying he was sacked now? Bloody hell. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Imagine that little Barrow Boy, Wise, selecting players to play in the team you manage. No wonder Keegan left, once Wise was parachuted in it was likely to happen, just surprised it didn't happen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Still ****all news so far.
    apparently there's a conference called for at 2.30 where no doubt it will be announced Dennis Scumbag Wise is our new manager.
    At least with Barton alongside him we'll have the two best attacking midfielders in the world..unfortuntately they'll do it on the streets or the training grounds.:mad:

Every year I think this club can't get any worse and then this happens again.
    Remember the first time I went into work and was told with great glee by the scouse scum that KK had quit and nearly cried :o.
    when I heard Kenny Daglish then I cried. Our beautiful days of sexy football were over.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Is he not with LA Galaxy?

I thought Sven getting sacked was a sham, this is just as bad. What a stupid stupid club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I could cry right now :(

MOG7 wrote: »
    Is he not with LA Galaxy?

I thought Sven getting sacked was a sham, this is just as bad. What a stupid stupid club.

I believe he's left LA Galaxy. He's now appearing in Ford ads all over the feckin internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

NEWCASTLE, England (AFP) - Kevin Keegan has quit as manager of Premier League outfit Newcastle United after holding talks with club's board on Tuesday, Sky Sports News reported.
    The 57-year-old was reportedly unhappy with the club's policy on transfers and has left after less than eight months in the job.
    Keegan had hoped for three or four major signings but they failed to materialise as the transfer window closed at midnight on Monday.
    Sky Sports News reported that Keegan did not take training Tuesday morning and was locked in talks with the club's board.
    Keegan recently claimed James Milner would not be sold only for the midfielder to join Aston Villa in a 12-million-pound deal.
    But having been unable to add to the signings of Argentinian pair Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez with several big-name stars Keegan is believed to have become disillusioned with his lot at Newcastle.
    The club's only business on transfer deadline day was a 5.7-million-pound signing of Spanish striker Xisco and the loan signing of midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez.
    Former England and Manchester City boss Keegan, who managed the club from 1992 to 1997, returned for a second time to St James' Park in January after the sacking of Sam Allardyce.
    The club are currently 11th in the Premier League with just four points from their opening three games.

what now for Toon Army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Some rich middle eastern businessman please buy my club :(

Man City spend €40 on ONE player, we sell one of our best players to Villa, sign an under 21 striker for 5 million or some such, and get a guy on loan called after a type of crisp. :mad:

Sunderland have the right idea, a fair amount of money for a relatively small club, with TEN new signings. :eek:

Oh god, maybe I will support Man Utd instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kicking myself for not slamming a 100 notes on this when I started this thread. :(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

God love yiz. What a farce of a club. I hope the Newcastle fans lynch Ashley. I actually feel sorry for Big Sam in this also. I must admit, be it unlucky, Kevin Keegan wasn't born to be a manager. He deffo won't be coming back to the game ever again after this sham

presuming they are kissing goodbye to Michael Owen with this move too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Newcastle are a farce of a football club ,an absolute shambles.
    How many managers is that in the last 10 years ?
    Will these clubs ever learn their lesson ?
    BTW it seems all managers want to do these days is buy new players .
    Buy this buy that.
    Gone are the days when a manger was there to coach/train players and get the best out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

GrumPy wrote: »
    Man City spend €40 on ONE player, .

Who did they get for €40??

My granny?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

im just distraught at this .. obviuos though once Milner went after KK spoke out about how he wouldn't be going anywhere, was always going to be a strange situation with Kev having no say in the comings and goings.

Roll on the joke of a club comments, i going back to my cave for a bit :(

slumped wrote: »
    Who did they get for €40??

My granny?

You value your granny at €40? Ouch...

Either way, BBC are confirming he's gone. Big shock there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Keegan was only ever good when he had money to spend. I don't know what he expected or what Ashley expected. If you want to be cheap, why else but big sam?

Newcastle are a farce of a football club ,an absolute shambles.
    How many managers is that in the last 10 years ?
    Will these clubs ever learn their lesson ?
    BTW it seems all managers want to do these days is buy new players .
    Buy this buy that.
    Gone are the days when a manger was there to coach/train players and get the best out of them.

Carefull what you say. Their fans are second to none in my opinion and from the amount of games I've seen over there being a fan of a different club I know. Their board is the farce, very insulting to say a club in general is a farce as that includes the fans too.

God they are in such a mess now at the moment though..... I hear Wise is favorite with Stuart Pearce in the mixer too..?

• Advertisement
Advertisement