Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting residents parking

Options
  • 02-09-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

What do I have to do to get residents parking in the city? I'll be moving into an apartment next week.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Fyi, if the apartment is part of a purpose built complex and construction was completed after March 2004 you are ineligible for a parking permit. Other than that;
    • Tax & Car Registered at the house,
    • Insurance registered at the house,
    • Copy of your rental agreement if you're a tenant,
    • Copy of confirmation that you've been registered with the prtb if you're a tenant,
    • Two bills in your name at the address,
    • You must be on the register of electors at the house, if not you must sign a declaration at a solicitors that you reside at the property.

http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/residentparkingpermits/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I called into the city hall during lunch, Salmon Weir on Washington Street = not eligible for residents parking. Arse.

Any ideas on what to do with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Leave it outside, then take the Number 2 to Knocka to get it back .... LOL JOKE before a flame war starts up.

Did your apt not come with a space, all those apts have one just the slimy landlaords have rented them out to non - residents. Yet another swizz...

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

all those apts have one just the slimy landlaords have rented them out to non - residents. Yet another swizz...

MC

I was thinking that but there seems to be very few spaces there compared to the number of apartments. There's 30+ apartments and maybe 10 spaces. The girl in the city hall told me that because the apartment block had spaces that automatically means you can't get residents parking, even if there was 100 apartments and 1 space, no permits. ****ers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I actually lived across the road from Salmon Weir kinda, over the Sugar cafe, and my friend/flatmate rented a space from the landlord of Salmon Weir. There's 11 spaces afair and one is a disabled parking spot. I'd talk to the landlord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

wtf did you expect, living in the city and you thought you'd easily get a parking permit .. jaysus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Recon wrote: »
    I was thinking that but there seems to be very few spaces there compared to the number of apartments. There's 30+ apartments and maybe 10 spaces. The girl in the city hall told me that because the apartment block had spaces that automatically means you can't get residents parking, even if there was 100 apartments and 1 space, no permits. ****ers...

Dont blame City Hall,what did you expect? there is only so many parking spaces within the City anyway they cant magic them out of the thin air for every cheap apartment block built. Maybe you should have checked the parking situation before paying hard cash to rent an apartment?

Advertisement