Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E icon next to battery?

• 02-09-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello all,

I recently bought a new Nokia 2600 Classic with O2, and one things been bugging me ever since I got it... Theres an icon thats always on screen and Ive no idea what it means. Its the letter E, capitalised, in black text with white outline, and its always in the top left next to the battery icon. Anyone know what this means? No mention of it anywhere in the users guide or online that I can find...

Nice one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Could it be E for Edge? I had that displayed on my Sony Ericsson phone(on Meteor)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spooner_j

Ah I think it is, went into the connectivity options and discovered that under Packet Data, there was an option that defaults to Always On for Packet Data Connection. Changed that to When Needed, and its gone now!

Thanks, that was wrecking my head for the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Its the little things that drive one MAD:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it means you have edge coverage, which is the mid range speed of internet above GPRS and below 3g. There's nothing wrong with it being on the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Vimes, on some phones it means you have edge active when you might not be using it. Speeds up connection times (because no connection needs to be made) but may drain battery life because it's always there.

Forgive me if i've missed your point and i'm trying to explain something you will later claim to know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i knew that, duuuuuhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

So did I, I just didn't bother posting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spooner_j

thanks for the replies, have it off now anyway to be safe. And anyway I dont like unnecessary icons...

Advertisement