Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8g caller display

• 02-09-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Well I finally got one:D Will probably take me 6 months to learn how to use it as I am so used to Sony E but anyway.....One thing that I have not been able to sort out in 3 days is

When I receive a call the display shows the number that is calling me and not the name, how on EARTH do I change it? I cannot for the life of me figure it out and I have read the manual back to front and sideways, any help gratefully received, as it is doing my head in!!
    Also what do people use the barcode scanner for:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

menu->contacts->options->sim contacts->sim directory->options->mark/unmark->mark all->options->copy to contacts

it could also be that you have the numbers in the phone book twice which confuses the phone and it doesn't display either name

edit:did you change networks when getting the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

If its anything like what happened to me, switching from se to an n95, its the differing format between se and nokia contact lists. if you have a few numbers under the one contact the n95 gets confused and wont show the name. i think you just have to edit all your contacts, pain in the hole i know. i think the easiest way is to synch up to outlook and edit them, then dump then back in.

i bet your contacts are coming up last name first or the name follwed by /h or /m right??

the barcode read is for reading barcodes such as this:

1.png

try scanning it! (trickier to scan from a screen, but give it a go)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!! It made a super whooshing noise! I think I have to do my contact list again:( all the names have /m etc....
    ThanK y'all ;)

Advertisement