Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McIver resigns

• 02-09-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Brian McIver has resigned as Donegal manager after 3 years in charge

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he also resign last year only to re apply, who's to say the board wont re employ him again, if he was to re apply (again), dont know a huge amount about GAA, but only name that springs to mind to replace him is charlie mulgrew, whats he doing at the mo

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bit of a shock alright but I cant see him being reappointed again. I heard a wee bit of his interview on Highland Radio earlier but he wouldnt comment much on what happened last night. Apparently he is to release a statement on the matter later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I think that this was to be expected. He should never have been re-appointed last year. They should have given it to Mulgrew. Typical county board, they didn't give the job to Martin McHugh years ago either they gave it to McGowan (open to correction) instead.
    I suppose that Mulgrew like McHugh then will not take it now when its offered to him.
    Mulgrew would bring disipline to the squad, I think he could do a job with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Glenman wrote: »
    I think that this was to be expected. He should never have been re-appointed last year. They should have given it to Mulgrew. Typical county board, they didn't give the job to Martin McHugh years ago either they gave it to McGowan (open to correction) instead.
    I suppose that Mulgrew like McHugh then will not take it now when its offered to him.
    Mulgrew would bring disipline to the squad, I think he could do a job with them!

ye they gave it to mcgowan instead of mchugh, kind of helps when your sister is on(was) county board:mad:.. I would like to see the wee man give it a shot, great track record as in Cavan and Sligo college.. mulgrew, still not convinced by him, even though he got fermanagh to all-ireland semi( they were unlucky not to make final even)

Advertisement