Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband help

Options
  • 02-09-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the Irish broadband breeze 2mb offer of €35.99 is any good. Dont want a phone line as it is for my girlfriend who just wants internet. It is in the clare ennis area. Can anyone tell me if the service is good or if any one has had problems with this or is there any thing to look out for.

Thanks
    john

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Have a look at Digiweb metro. It's also wireless but IMO better than IBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Have a look at Digiweb metro. It's also wireless but IMO better than IBB.

But i cant get metro in ennis thats the problem. Thanks for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

jhud wrote: »
    But i cant get metro in ennis thats the problem. Thanks for the input.

Really? I thought they would cover Ennis. What about Chorus (UPC) their broadband is excellent and I thought they covered Ennis too.

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Really? I thought they would cover Ennis. What about Chorus (UPC) their broadband is excellent and I thought they covered Ennis too.

No they can only provide digital tv in the area checked them already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It depends, what would you be using the connection for? Also IMHO IBB's Breeze network has gotten a helluvalot better in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Can anyone tell me if the Irish broadband breeze 2mb offer of €35.99 is any good. Dont want a phone line as it is for my girlfriend who just wants internet. It is in the clare ennis area. Can anyone tell me if the service is good or if any one has had problems with this or is there any thing to look out for.

Thanks
    john

I have it in Dublin 15 and never had a problem with them.

Thanks for the help. It will be used for skype, email access, youtube yahoo video calls and not too much more but there will be two using it so i think its IBB at a price of €35.99.

But can anyone tell me do i need to get a router for this to send it wireless around the apartment like this Router

Thanks for the help. It will be used for skype, email access, youtube yahoo video calls and not too much more but there will be two using it so i think its IBB at a price of €35.99.

But can anyone tell me do i need to get a router for this to send it wireless around the apartment like this Router

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That's only a wireless access point, not a router. You'd still need something on the network to route the information from the WAN (internet) around the network. Something like this would be more suitable.

A breeze connection is fine for pretty much everything you've just described.

Achilles wrote: »
    That's only a wireless access point, not a router. You'd still need something on the network to route the information from the WAN (internet) around the network. Something like this would be more suitable.

A breeze connection is fine for pretty much everything you've just described.

Just picked up that router but in komplett as its cheaper there Thanks for the help all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement