Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy good watch straps in Limerick?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm on the look out for a good strap for my (good) watch? Anyone know where I could get one. I got one before in the leather shop up on William street, but, at the time, the selection wasn't the best, and they were ok, but not lovely. I'm on the look out for a good solid leather strap for my watch..

Also, where could I get a new battery for my (old) watch. I suppose I could order online, but it would be good if I could see the straps up close...

I'm kind of looking for the wide leather straps, almost like a wristband...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ask around in some of the jewellers shops in town, they'll more than likely be happy to help you/point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

yeah, i suppose thats the obvious thing to do lol. i havent been in a jewellers for so long, i dont even know if they do them...(straps)

I found some beauties online, but they are sold out on one particular site..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

BarryCreed wrote: »
    yeah, i suppose thats the obvious thing to do lol. i havent been in a jewellers for so long, i dont even know if they do them...(straps)

I found some beauties online, but they are sold out on one particular site..

I'd say you'd get much better deals on-line alright. Best of luck with the search anyway :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Dalys. Wickham St. Proper watch repair place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Dalys. Wickham St. Proper watch repair place.

nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

that leads me to another question.

i have an automatic watch that needs to be repaired. it has been with the same fault a few times with the same jeweller/watch maker. after being not satisfied with the quality of the work i went to a different jewellery shop and - lo and behold! - all of the limerick jewellers are using the very same gentleman to get the watches repaired. Be it Keanes, Stephens or Samuel!

Is there only one watch maker in Limerick??? Do I have to travel to Cork/Ennis/Galway to get a proper service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Kenneallys, Wickham Street

best in town

Advertisement