Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC won't automatically connect to 'Closed System'

Options
  • 02-09-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I am connecting a new pc using Linksys wireless n usb adapter, to a Netopia 3347NWG with Smart broadband. The problem is when the pc starts up it will only connect automatically to the network with limited connectivity, however when I go into the router's control panel and switch off ' enable closed system ' the pc then connects to the network straight away to the network ( no restart or repair network, just instant connection).

I have set up the network via vista wizard with 'automatically connect to this network' checked.

I have another pc, laptop, n95 and WII all connect fine when ' enable closed system is ticked.

All help greatly appreciated

Mr Woods

Advertisement