Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 on O2 Release price plan

• 02-09-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am thinking about getting the Nokia N95 on O2 Release price plan.

I will be moving from a blackberry 8100 pearl with an enterprise account on Voda.

I rang and spoke to O2 CS this morning but was not too confident of the answers I received.

What I pretty much want to know is, if I can have "Push" email on the N95 with O2?

How will I receive the emails? Will I have to tell it to check every now and then? Can I use a Gmail app? I remember trying to use a gmail app on O2 at some time in the past and it was a no go.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

What I pretty much want to know is, if I can have "Push" email on the N95 with O2?

Will I have to tell it to check every now and then?

Can I use a Gmail app?

Thanks.

yes

yes

i assume so, dont see any reason why not.

you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chinese Mafia

You can use google mail and you can get push email. As for the O2 release plan you will need to have an registered Vat number to get it. Would you not be better off sticking with a blackberry like the bold though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Cheers guys.

Its a buisness account so VAT Number is no problem.

The bill with Voda is over 300 Euro a month and thats on the 600 plan they do, its just not enough minutes. Thats why the 99+VAT seems like such a good deal to me.

I wont be going back to a BB, the ball idea is the worst thing I have ever came across, I mean come on, there is a reason they dont use balls in computer mice anymore. I have had two break on me now and other people I know have had the same problems.

Would I need a Blackberry account to get the mail pushed to the phone?

Advertisement