Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Unlimited

Options
  • 02-09-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

anyone have any idea whats considered acceptable for this? i would say 30Gigs has to be 100% fine, but has anyone downloaded 40-50gigs in a month?

Im installing Steam on another rig and my account has at least 20gigs of games on it and just wondering if im gonna get hassle for that + the usual 20gigs i use in a month

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Er, there's no cap on UTV unlimited.They'll only throttle your speed a wee bit during peak hours if you download massive amounts (300GB+) regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

carbsy wrote: »
    Er, there's no cap on UTV unlimited.They'll only throttle your speed a wee bit during peak hours if you download massive amounts (300GB+) regularly.
    wOOt, 300Gigs lol, thats nuts, perfect, thought it might have come under the usual 'within reason' clause, thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

That figure is just a guess btw. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

UTV have said if you go over 100gb that they'll lower your during peak times only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah one of the buddies speed seems to be capped during the day, i downloaded about 100gb last month and mine didnt get capped.

• Advertisement

nice one, 100gigs is well reasonable for me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

last month I pulled down 60GB, month before that was 50GB, they do tend to throttle me to about 1.5-1MB if I do a mad amount of downloading in one day.

For example I might download 8GB in one day and do nothing for a week after that, depends really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

How long do they throttle you for?
    Cabaal wrote: »
    last month I pulled down 60GB, month before that was 50GB, they do tend to throttle me to about 1.5-1MB if I do a mad amount of downloading in one day.

For example I might download 8GB in one day and do nothing for a week after that, depends really

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

How long do they throttle you for?

about a day or so from what I've seen, nothing I've ever been really bothered by

Cabaal wrote: »

thats not bad at all, i downloaded 8 gigs after midnight on sunday( because i went downloading like crazy the first 2 weeks of august because i was moving house and presumed id have no net for 2 weeks but i registered both lines with eircom for 1 week and transferred it and had internet the first day in the new gaff lol, long story short was over the limit mid august and couldnt download anything without it costing a fortune )

The never throttled me on monday though, but 60-100gigs is a damn decent limit

• Advertisement
Advertisement