Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CALLER ID

Options
  • 02-09-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

When I get an incoming call the CALLER ID is displayed on my phone.
    Recently when a call originates from an O2 number I get 0035386xxxxxxx instead of the previous 086xxxxxxx.
    I am unable to redial by pressing the redial button since the phone attempts to dial into Ireland.

This does not happen with a vodafone 087xxxxxxx call.

Any ideas, it this an O2 problem or an Eircom problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

My O2 phone displays icoming numbers as +353??????? and no problem dialing back... Have you an old sim card?...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Sorry I did not make it clear this problem is with my home phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

O2 seem fixated on sending Caller ID in the international format for some reason. It's not very useful to end users when they are based in Ireland and they're the only network that does it. Perhaps they're sending the info to the eircom network in the wrong format.

I would suggest that you log a fault with eircom (1901) or whoever your landline's with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

The reason O2 so this (in my opinion) is that when you save the number in your mobile that it has the international prefix already stored. That way when you roam all your numbers would have the prefix already in place. This then means when you go to ring Johnie at home to tell him how great it is to be on holidays your call goes through without you having to change the number manually in the phone book..

Now Im sure there is some amazing technical reason for it but hey I dont work in O"!!!

Ive noticed a very annoying problem also like Dulchie.. Im with Three, and when an O2 customer rings me it also pops up +35386xxxxxxxx, I go to save the number in my E65 and it refuses to attach the name I put in with the number.. So the next time the person rings I get there number not their name, very annoying..

Dam you O2...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The data is being sent wrong by O2, you need to complain to eircom though as they need to solve it from their side.

Call 1901 and log a fault.

• Advertisement
Advertisement