Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ipod connection not working

Options
  • 02-09-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have a new (2007) Golf with factory fitted integrated ipod connection in the centre armrest. It has stopped working recently and says 'No CD' when it is connected. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Just bring it back - it's still under warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 anthonyj

Gonna go that but thought it may be a reset problem or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

It could also be the iPod.
    I have a connection to the stereo in the car, that works perfect.
    However after an iPod update it stopped working, my other (not updated) iPods still worked. This has happened a couple of times, I stopped updating my main iPod because of this.

See if you can get a loaner for a few seconds of another iPod and just check.
    It's a long shot, but always worth trying out another iPod, just to eliminate the possibility that your iPod could be at fault.
    At least when you go back to the garage, you can be sure that it's the connector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 anthonyj

Thanks. I tried another ipod too but I may try one more as it could be an ipod software issue alright. Thanks. I will try my new iphone (which I have become obsessed with!) to see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Maybe if it says "No CD", you are on the wrong source.

Sounds like it is trying to read an empty CD tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Sometimes they require a full power reset. I had to disconnect one of the terminals on the the battery (or plug it out of the back of the head unit, which ever you are more comfortable with) on our Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭frag4

this also happened to my golf.
    brought it in to get it fixed under warranty and they found sand crushed in the ipod connector which damaged the thing. Now I have to pay.

Lesson.. Vacum out the thing before you go in

Advertisement