Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramos - How long will he last?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

So with 10% of the season over and Spurs at the bottom end of the table, how long will Ramos last?

1 point (against a poor Chelsea) and 2 losses.

If Spurs are in the bottom three in a few games time, will Ramos be gone??

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

no, to be honest i dont think anyone should even entertain the thought

if they get rid of him that easily then my faith in football will fade completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

indough wrote: »
    no, to be honest i dont think anyone should even entertain the thought

if they get rid of him that easily then my faith in football will fade completely

even if TH are in the bottom three after 8-10 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

slumped wrote: »
    even if TH are in the bottom three after 8-10 games?

we'll cross that bridge when we come to it no need to be all doom and gloom yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's game 3 ffs. No need to be thinking of this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

1 point (against a poor Chelsea) and 2 losses.

Thats a point a lot of teams won't get this season. Ramos has already won silverware give him a couple of season to see what he can do. Things haven't really been settled of late and losing your two best strikers at the one time is pretty tough on him. I think he's a good manager and the result last Sunday was solid ground to build on. Give him time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

(against a poor Chelsea)

maybe we made them look poor?

which is good for us.

I was berated here just a few weeks ago by suggesting that Ramos may not last very long.

How do you all feel now?

Surely he has to go - fired probably??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I was berated here just a few weeks ago by suggesting that Ramos may not last very long.

How do you all feel now?

Surely he has to go - fired probably??

As long as the current regime are in charge i.e. Levy commoli etc then ramos wont be going anywhere , those lads will never admit they got it wrong and in turn look like even bigger muppets than they already are , Good ol martin jolly must be laughing his head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

BERBA wrote: »
    As long as the current regime are in charge i.e. Levy commoli etc then ramos wont be going anywhere , those lads will never admit they got it wrong and in turn look like even bigger muppets than they already are , Good ol martin jolly must be laughing his head off.

I'd say he is and all berba, Suddenly Two 5th place finishes and a "poor" start dont look half as bad.

Lets be honest lads outside of the league cup last season We have suffered no end under the current team. I excepted that winning the cup last year the players where (right or wrong) going to ease up considering we had nothing left to play for. But, this is shocking. The very worrying thing is the lack of top class managers available at the moment, I would hae loved Martin O Neil back before we had BMJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

There is no point in firing Ramos. The squad has been completely overhauled since he arrived. Those leaving that we could do with, he could do little about, with the notable exception of steed. Those who have come in have ability, cost a lot of money, and leave the squad still unbalanced and quite callow.
    Sacking Ramos would only start the whole merry go round again come christmas. I want Levy to come out now and say Ramos will be here for the season. We won't go down, I just can't see us failing to pull it together. The first thing we do is close the back door. Hutton, Corluka, Woodgate and Bale. Ledley tightens things up when he comes in, but a defence must evolve and that can't happen as long as he's playing the odd game, then vanishing for the next two. O Hara and Zokora must start in front, both have energy and commitment, and Zokora is the only senior player in the squad apart from King Woody and the hapless Gilberto. (whose idea was he?) This could take two years to rebuild. Top brass decided in early 2007 that Jol wasn't up to it, and the summer that followed was where we took a huge step back, buying players for a manager who was on his way out, and knew it. I don't know who was responsible for Bent/Kaboul/KPB/, but only Bale madfe sense. It was this waste of 50m that directly led to the departure of Defoe keane and berbatov. Defoe saw bent's arrival aS THE FINAL STRAW, AND REFUSED TO SIGN A CONTRACT HE WAS OPEN TO THE PREVIOUS MAY. Berbatov was dissapointed with the one step forward two steps back nature of the club, and had left in his heart last october. Keane- who could blame him.
    We can't get rid of ramos because it could lead to relagation far quicker than keeping him would. Give him the season, and let's see where we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

ramos shouldnt be going anywhere. Two decisions should have gone our way in the last 2 league games, both penos (wigan at home and yesterday). If they where converted we would have an extra 3pts at least (no way pompeye would have scored the 2nd imo). There are small signs of improvement, ALTHOUGH... Ramos must play players in their best positions.
    a starting line up of
    gomes
    hutton woody king/corluka bale
    bently/lennon modric zakora jenas gio
    pav

with the midfield actually suporting and pushing on would see us alright. BAE should never be starting no matter who is fit, and o'hara for all his huff and puff anint more than a squad player.

coys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teddy Vedder

Levy, commoli and Ramos will have to pull there finger outta there arses or we'll be playing frist division football, Levy commoli made there frist balls up when they saked matin jol they shoulda given him the money to buy plays in the areas we needed! instead they broke the run of 5th place ands possible compions luegue football nd the brought in ramos, second balls up was they let berb nd keane go the heart of the team now were bottom nd its looking bad..... very bad IMO we need another keane in midflied or up front come on lads we need something done NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hano

Levy, commoli and Ramos will have to pull there finger outta there arses or we'll be playing frist division football

HA VERY TRUE! RAMOS HAS DONE SOME GREAT THINGS IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME FOR SPURS, I DONT THINK ANYONE WOULD DISAGREE WITH THAT. BUT THIS IS THE PREMIERSHIP, YOU START OFF BAD THEN YOU STRUGGLE THE REST OF THE SEASON, I STILL THINK WE'LL FINISH TOP 8 BUT IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH?
    RAMOS HAS BEEN LET DOWN BY DIMI BIG TIME, BUT HE MADE A BALLS OF RECTIFYING THE SITUATION. SHE BOUGHT A BRILLIANT PLAYER (PAVLYUNCHENKO), PLACED HIM WITH ANOTHER GOOD PLAYER (BENT), AND IT DIDNT WORK. SO WHAT NOW? WELL FIRST, YOU DONT GO SENDING A PLAYER UP FRONT ON HIS OWN, WHAT WAS RAMOS THINKING?

FROM LAST FEW GAMES I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HE WILL TRY DEVELOPE THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PAVLYUNCHENKO AND CAMPELL AND MAKE THAT WORK.

Is your caps lock key broken mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hano

yup!

so, is it not time Spurs got rid of Ramos and brought in someone with some back bone?

Maybe a new chairman instead??

Spurs are not bottom 3 material - but seriously - how long can this sh1te go on for?

S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ramos being showed the door is not the answer. it will further turn the club into more turmoil

After 10% of season Spurs had 1 point
    After 20% of season Spurs now have 2 points

I think Ramos and co. should be shown the door.

How long can fans be expected to tolerate this??

Tough games ahead with Liverpool and Arsenal - Spurs will be lucky to be in double digits by Christmas.

If 40 points is considered "safe" then Spurs need to get their act together!

S

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

The first persons going should be Levy and Commolli however I think it's more likely to be 'Adios Juande'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I reckon the loss against Bolton next Sunday will be the final nail in the coffin for Ramos. Levy and Comolli will never resign and it'll cost an absolute fortune to fire Ramos. I'm beginning to accept that relegation is almost inevitable. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

When Ramos signed up commolli was already there so it was nothing new to him.We were banging in goals during preseason now we cant buy a goal its time to turn it around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teddy Vedder

bogtreader wrote: »
    When Ramos signed up commolli was already there so it was nothing new to him.We were banging in goals during preseason now we cant buy a goal its time to turn it around

but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Keane leave after those games??

i heard Levy was on business in the us nd as soon as he gets back commoll's gone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Keane leave after those games??

Keane left us the day we played Norwich in our 1st "proper" pre-season game.
    i heard Levy was on business in the us nd as soon as he gets back commoll's gone.......

Horse...door...the...bolted...stable...after...the...closing...

Arrange into a sentence...:mad:

Still, it should deflect attention away from Teflon Dan for a wee while, which was always his intention.

Advertisement