Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlfaR147

Hi there.
    Another newbie to this forum.Finding it real good to be honest.Passes the time away nicely.My name is Eric.The username is to do with my car but I have changed it recently and dont know how to change my username.Any help will be greatly appreciated.I love tattoos!Got my 1st 2 days after my 19th b-day and have 8 now.Cant stop!Piercing isnt my thing but I do find them appealling on the right body in the right place!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome along new folk! :)
    I'd shake your hands, but I have flu :(

(Not the piggy one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

Hello

im new aswell

im trying to organise my first tat, been reading through all the threads here for inspiration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gabbygirlgavin

Hi,
    Im Orna and im looking forward to getting my first tattoo on my wrist. i want it to be 50cent coin size... is a tatt on the wrist sore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

are you sure though really??

*backs away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 zyrafa84

Hi guys, just saying HELLO :pac::D;):rolleyes::):p:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

Hi, this is my first night and first post on boads.ie, I found it due to an interest on the current economic situation in our country and saw it also had a tattoo forum, nice.
    So, a short hello....
    I am a Dublin based tattoo artist with a studio at 42 Upper Dorset street in dublin 1.
    I've just returned home after 3 months in Asia and 2 weeks in Canada, during my absence, the company which hosted my website ( www.tattoodublin.com ) Lycos uk, went bankrupt due to the economic downturn so I've just completed getting my site back online with a new server.
    I will be updating the site over the next month, its quite time consuming as its very large.
    The gallery section alone has photos of 110 of my tattoos, that will be expanding to over 500, so its a bit of work to do it right.
    I have been professionally tattooing over 20 years in maybe 60 countries and to date have probably tattooed well over 15,000 people. Quite prolific no doubt.
    As a professional I refrain from criticising other artists or shops, but always happy to extend praise where deserved.
    I just think its the proper way to conduct one's-self.
    I dont know who looks in here, but if they do, a quick hello to Micheal and crew in temple bar, and Paddy of course, also to Ian at stephens green, Mick in swords, Brat, and of course, the lovely Karen Russell (still have your painting in my studio)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pauline fayne

hi all , have been lurking for while (I'm shy !). just started posting this week .Somany threads to read through but looking forward to getting to know a few people here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sam41

Hey guys,i too am a lurker and a somewhat newbie.i never really have the time to explore this much but when i saw the forum i thought id give it a go.love love love tattoos and piercings but alas the parents never see it like that and refer to my piercing as "those yokes on your face".
    got my first tattoo done while drunk at a biker rally,its a story to tell the grandkids:)
    cheers for startin this forum,its always good to talk to like minded people and get ideas from different places so thanks!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

welcome along everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Hey! Lurked a wee bit,posted awhile back,i'm Sinead,just turned 19, have 10 piercings and i'm getting my first tattoo in the next weeks, either just before or after the dreaded Leaving Cert take 2! You all seem lovely and i'm sure I'll be posting more often,hugs

Stick around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

Just wondering if there was anyone from the bray area in here

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

hi all. i'm new. call me chris/gloom.

love tattoos and piercings, plan to get some along the line. maybe snakebites or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Redbeard77

A real newb first post on anything, isn't technology great. Names Niall am 31, chef, umm really don't know what to put here so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

Hi!!

Been lurking about here for a while, finally decided to join. Name's Fiona (username is a Wizard of Oz reference).

I've got 15 piercings and only 2 tattoos, would love to have more but have been financially restricted as of late. sigh.

Welcome along everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

Hi there. My name's Pete, I'm a music performance student in Dublin, originally from Galway...Gonna be getting my first tattoo very soon hopefully! So excited...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Redbeard77

cool, goin to chat a guy tomorrow bout getting my second, after a looooong wait, guess I just needed to find the right place, hopefully getting a piece of Simon Bisleys artwork done so all goin well this time next week I'll be adorned with a masterpiece!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

hey, i'm sarah, i'm a, eh, freelancer :p going back to college in sept
    hoping to get my first tattoo for my birthday because i've got no money, that way i can get it for free :D

• Advertisement

freelancer as in hournalist? headhunter? murderer? etc etc

Welcome along

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

nah, more like freelance person, with no skills or qualifications :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

swapple wrote: »
    nah, more like freelance person, with no skills or qualifications :p
    Stealing that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

HEY!!
    I'm Sharon, and i'm 17 and 1/2:rolleyes: (a little bit little I know...) and i LOVE tattoos and piercings! They're such a beautiful artistic expression of a person...
    I want to get a tattoo after my Leaving Cert, a design i've had on my mind for over 18months now (so i'm not being fickle!) of a blue titmouse on a branch on the inside of my arm just under my wrist.
    It's for my grandad, who died 2 years ago yeasterday......
    My mum knows and is cool with the idea.
    Is there any tattoo shop in Ireland that would do a tattoo on someone who's not quite 18, seeing as i have parental consent...??:)
    And i know there will be people reading this thinking "can't she just wait until she's 18??" but it would really mean a lot to me to have it done soon... I think it'd be a nice way to mark the completion of my school course too, and the whole "coming-of-age", "next-stage-in-my-life" sorta thing.....;)
    I would really appriciate any advice....:D

Thanks in advance pets!
    =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I the name is Maddison, I have been tattoo'd six times(two of which are coverups).Just beginning my 1/2 sleeve...have always wanted one & at the ripe age of 26 I thought ah what the heck! Ive had 11 piercings 7 of which were in my ears(yes I know not very exciting)nipple(Now gone since my pregnancy on my now 6 year old son)tongue(sp?), belly button(gone the same way as nipple)& nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

batbaby wrote: »
    Is there any tattoo shop in Ireland that would do a tattoo on someone who's not quite 18, seeing as i have parental consent...??:)

No.

Not anywhere good anyway.
    And i know there will be people reading this thinking "can't she just wait until she's 18??" but it would really mean a lot to me to have it done soon...

Does it mean a lot to you to have a tattoo or do have a good, properly done tattoo? No decent studio will tattoo you underage, with or without parental consent. If anywhere is willing to tattoo you when you're 17, run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

HEY!!
    I'm Sharon, and i'm 17 and 1/2...
    =)

I suggest that you familiarise yourself with the rules here Sharon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rary21

hi my names helen just signed up today been lookin in on and off for a while.Am 33.11 with 2 kids and have 3 tats .Have them since 18 and love them ,1 on each shoulder and 1 on right rib.God that was a sore one it done all in black so has faded a little so need to get darkend but being a bit of a chicken about it.have plan for 1 more but not fully decided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Charlybird

hello all, many piercings and one tattoo with a further addition a few months after. another planned for two weeks time. bit excited. :D

• Advertisement

Welcome everyone :)

Advertisement