Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Hey guys,my real name is Eoin,i'm 17,i'l be 18 in 2 months :D,doing my leaving cert @ the moment,finished on the 15th :D,only have 1 body mod @ the moment but getting my nipple pierced during the summer and getting my 1st tattoo aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Welcome! You'll <3 this board in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Hi, real name laura and oh i got my first tattoo today on the foot and i love it :D
    I'll psot a picture up in the "i'll show you......." thread.

Only piercing's i have are on the ears and nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

jinxycat wrote: »
    Hi, real name laura and oh i got my first tattoo today on the foot and i love it :D
    I'll psot a picture up in the "i'll show you......." thread.

Only piercing's i have are on the ears and nose.

Welcome to the madness Laura :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

why thank you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jenvalo

hi...jen here...long time reader and finally sorted my reg out!!
    quite a lot of tattoos, really into them. all the piercings are long gone, only scars left in their place!
    look forward to chattin to y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi Jen, welcome aboard!
    If you feel open enough about them, stick up pics of your tattoos in the "Show you mine" thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

names tom.
    turned 18 last month.

not got any body mods yet but getting my first tattoo as soon as i can really. had the design for the last 2-3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Hi :)
    I opened my account a couple of years ago but forgot all about it, I was searching for tattoo parlours online and came across one of the threads here. So I rejoined.

I have no tattoos yet, but I have one planned, as said in my thread I don't know where to go for it!

I also have my tounge pierced, but I think that's about as far as I would go. I am THE biggest wuss with pain :rolleyes:

Anyway, just thought I would pop in and say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elbow83

4 tattoo's so far and so going for more... damn addictive things...
    hunting around here to find where the best place to go for it is and the first 4 were done in South Africa by a mate
    anyway, just saying howdy

• Advertisement

Howdy Tomtom YT and Elbow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Hi, I'm Christina and looking through the age profiles of the members here it looks like at 41 I'm one of the oldest members :o
    I don't have any body mods. (except for ears pierced) or tattoos but I'm planning on getting a large tattoo within the next year, as soon as I get the design worked out and get over my fear of needles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

Hi I'm Lara..23 two tattoos... and..duh duh duh.. ZERO PIERCINGS!

Not even my ears. I don't know why I'm so indifferent/immune to piercing! Someone tell me I'm not insane;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 King-of-mice

Hi im peter. 28 This is my very first post. Iv 3 tattoos n a few piercing and have learned alot from reading this fourm so cheers guys

Welcome aboard one and all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

my name is lindsey i'm 25 and i'm hopefully getting my first tattoo soon and i'm really looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jimmid098

my name is james new to the site i have 2 tats my wife has a lot more she bought herself a couple of kits and is learning herself she is very talented artisticaly so far she has been doing tattoos on herself for practice also a couple of friends she is always looking to expand her knowledge so i would like feedback for her pls :) her work is very good my opinion anyway once im established ill post a couple of pics of her work but would life to hear from others with same interest thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Got my 1st when I was 18 and "under the influence" (not drunk, but lets say "caution" was well out the window!!) Hate the actual tatt but have a kind of attachment to it.....like a battle scar if you will! lol:)

Love my 2nd one on my wrist though.

Want no 3 on my foot.....

LOVE cool tatts though I think with tattoos there's 2 things -

1. They're very personal so just cos you don't like them, doesn't mean they're not nice!

2. Nothing worse than a bad tattoo.......and what we might consider bad someone else might like!

Yup.....I'm a bunch of contradictions!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

hey lads

First tatoo coming hopefully in the next 2 weeks, pretty nervous as to whether I'll regret it in a few years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carolanne2x4

Hey,
    I was on this like years ago and just kinda floated away from it although was good, some weirdoes on it too!! long story short there.
    I'm Carolanne, from Galway and I'm an alcoholic(j/k)- (not really though)
    I love tattoes just thinking of what kinda one to do next.I got stars and music notes going from my knee down to my foot, small but tasteful.
    All the people on here seem dead on so thought might as well pass the time whilst not working, share the depression and all that!!
    Was anyone at AC/DC on sunday? It was EPIC, we were 5 rows from the stage . Savage stuff, been down and out since :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Guys,

No tatoos here. TBH, normal tatoos just dont really do it for me personally, but dont construe this as me having something against them, I don't :)

What does interest me is a UV Tatoo. I would love to have something fun done in UV on my arms/hands. Then, when I got out at night, voila! I had the idea of a very nerdy(not as much as the transformers one though :p) bioshock one on my hand. Electric paths running from fingertips to wrist. But, this is a little adventurous for my first. Might be better to start small.

There isnt that much info online about UV tattoos, and they seem a little controversial. So, a few questions:
    1. Can you get one done in Dublin/Ireland
    2. How much do you think a small one(5cm x 5cm) cost?
    3. What are the actual risks/effects and whats just bull?
    4. Reccomendations for where to get one done if they can be?

Thanks in advance, picture of the hand below:)
    Lethal.

bioshock2ps3rumor-mar14.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Hello
    I have 3 tatoos and to be honest only really like the one on my back. I put up with the other 2 as they remind me of my younger days. However a Celtic fc badge and a superman logo just dont do it any more:) I had both of these done in glasgow a long time ago.

I went into Dublin a few years back with one of my mates with no intention of getting a tattoo and in the shop was a guy with his own drawings of christ. He was nothing to do with the shop. I was so impressed by one of them I ended up getting it tatooed on my back. The guy seemed quite impressed. To this day i love this piece of artwork.

My parents even think this ones all right consider they were going to kill me for the other 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 briansmurph

Hey lads and ladies, names Brian, 25 from Limerick.

Have 4 tattoos in total and trying in earnest to design my 5th :(

Tattoo #1 : Celtic cross that i drew myself, basic enough but i like it and well done. On my right shoulder high up.
    Tattoo #2 : Tribal design from shoulder on left to elbow on wrist. Love it.
    Tattoo #3 : GF of 9yrs name on my shoulder blade with a lil squiggle design under it, getting engaged this year we reckon so love it. I know... "dont get a name" i say :P
    Tattoo #4 : Angels wings surrounding a 4 leaf clover with the first initial of my mother,father,brother and my own name's on a leaf each. (protection and good luck for my family) Love it too :D

The one im wanting is just wrecking my head to design... hope i might find some help on this forum.

Anyways, hi again!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

hey all

long time lurker here. Potentially addicted to piercings but due to job I'm in VERY limited on what I can have done - but a girl can dream! :D

Considering getting a tattoo but not sure I wouldn't get bored of it so holding off on it for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

welcome everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

I suggest that you familiarise yourself with the rules here Sharon.

:confused:
    Oh, your "rules"?
    *rolls eyes*
    Eh isn't that just a tad harsh?
    And, isn't this a discussion forum? A PUBLIC discussion forum!!
    And isn't it a chance for people to discuss their interest in piercings and tattoos (which i have!) so... what's the problem?? *raises eyebrow*
    so much for welcoming everyone....

Also, (not just here to complain!:p)
    I asked for advice, and got it! (thank you to the ones thats actually answered my querey)
    I'll just have to sit patient for the next 5 months....
    *retreats to corner and begins to twiddle thumbs*:pac:
    Oooh, i could always get something else pierced while i wait!!
    yes..... *strokes imaginary beard*....
    That's an idea!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

batbaby wrote: »
    :confused:
    Oh, your "rules"?
    *rolls eyes*
    Eh isn't that just a tad harsh?
    And, isn't this a discussion forum? A PUBLIC discussion forum!!
    And isn't it a chance for people to discuss their interest in piercings and tattoos (which i have!) so... what's the problem?? *raises eyebrow*
    so much for welcoming everyone....

Listen Batbaby Damo was only trying to help you out and let you know how things work around here.We welcome everyone--However questioning a moderators decision will get you into trouble.

In the rules its does state that anyone asking about underage tattooing or piercing will get at minimum an infraction and anyone that responds to a request about where to get it done will get one also.

We let you away with it because you`re new.

So lets recap--So far youve broken rules that would get anyone else a warning or infraction.And we`re being too harsh???

So Im going to repeat Damos advice--
    I suggest that you familiarise yourself with the rules here Sharon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

:) Well hello, I'm a big fan of tattoos and piercings. Can't have many piercings anymore because I'm training to be a teacher. My favourite has to be the industrial, I've had a long standing relationship with it, I love it then I don't at one stage I'd four. lol :o I have one tattoo, a pretty big one on my lower back, its a beaut in my eyes as are so many of people's! I would love another one but not too sure on what to get. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Captain Aileen

YO i'm Aileen and I study science! I love piercings and tattoos. HAvent got any tatoos yet as keep changing the ideas around. Also was wondering if they'd effect appplying for jobs or anything like that? Do you still have beer nights? Any ideas for a tattoo??:eek::cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Listen Batbaby Damo was only trying to help you out and let you know how things work around here.We welcome everyone--However questioning a moderators decision will get you into trouble.

In the rules its does state that anyone asking about underage tattooing or piercing will get at minimum an infraction and anyone that responds to a request about where to get it done will get one also.

We let you away with it because you`re new.

So lets recap--So far youve broken rules that would get anyone else a warning or infraction.And we`re being too harsh???

So Im going to repeat Damos advice--

*comes back with tail between legs*
    Okay, I'm swori....:(
    I didn't know...
    I'll wait patiently then! (or try to at least!:pac:)

Advertisement