Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cool cool :)
    Why not use the time to further plan what you want, or just keep the design you have and pin it up somewhere that you'll see it every day or a few times a day? I tend to put the designs as my desktop wallpaper on the computer, and on my phone, so that I see them all the time. You can tell after a short enough time if you'll like it or not! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

:pac:I have that done already!
    It's up on my wardrobe door.... I'm quite pleased with it!:D
    The only thing i can't decide on wether i want it in colour or black and white....
    *pondering face*

Comes down to personal preference there really. I had two black tattoos, but am blown away by how awesome the colour looks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Wwell Hello :D
    Thought Id Introduce Myself
    The Name's Louise, Im 19. Starting College In Sept Bricking It Lol!

Dont Really Know What Else To Say:confused:
    If Ya Wana Chat Just Add Me :P
    Slan
    PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=8685981530&PhotoAlbumId=10119940510&PhotoId=10574613294

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

Yeah... Thing is I like both!! Suppose i could always sketch it out twice and see which way it looks better....
    Time to dig out the crayon box!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 g1rl

I'm Ally. I'm 19, study Computing in DIT.
    Don't have half as many tattoos as i'd like, and the only piercings i have are "snakebites" (what a lame name) on my bottom lip.
    Hiya.
    :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

Hey! Names Kev, i'm 23 and im about to start studying Creative Digital Media! I have had a good few piercing but had to take them out, think i was allergic to the rings etc:mad::(! Love tattoos, think everybody should have them! have a good few myself, near the end of gettin my sleeve finished and cant wait te get more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Isaac

Hey,I really want a lip piercing and im set on getting one at the start of August! Im going to get the left hand side of my bottom lip pierced (not exactly sure if its called anything?) And my ears pierced again. I was just wondering is there any risks associated with the side of your lip piercing like wearing down the gums or anything like some labret cases? Im most likely going to get it done in Snakebite or Bodyshock. As for my ears,have my left ear piecred twice,once in claires =P and i done it once myself! Both are fine no problems what so ever! :) I was thinking of getting one more piercing on my left ear on the bit of lobe that is left and one on my right ear. Most likely going to get it in Georges as it is cheap and if i can pierce my own ear with no expierience im sure they can do a good job? Any advice please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Captain Aileen

Isaac, i got my lip done, and the only problem was it kept getting caught in my braces and being pulled through. Sometimes it scraps my teeth. Other that that, it's greea andfeels awesome! Good luck!:pac::D

Isaac wrote: »
    Most likely going to get it in Georges as it is cheap and if i can pierce my own ear with no expierience im sure they can do a good job? Any advice please? :D

My advice? Save up the little that it'll take to get it done somewhere decent! Just steer well clear of that place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

hey think ill introduce myself here aswell..

im lee im 23 and im in the navy but in chad at the moment with the army and have 80 days left here in the desert... lucky me hmmm

anyway i have one tattoo so far and when i get back from here im planning on getting a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm its a tattoo that someone already has so im kinda taking his idea but changing it up a little too.. the links for it are here

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2714580907_911d650a24.jpg

so im going to get the top half of this and instead of the serpant/dragon on the bottom and boats im goin to get this in its place..

http://www.spraygraphic.com/storage2/member_files/3712/picture/600_18990b8343823397f3eb3309e90fb16b.jpg

so i like the idea of valkyries and this one above at the link is pretty badass i thinks behind her i will have some ravens flying away in the back since valkyries were accompanied by ravens so this could work lol

anyway any thoughts on this design would be welcome so that is my introduction lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 twistedfk

Hey all, great lookin forum,lookin forward to the posting!! Hope to get to know a few of ye in the near future.I'm a Waterford man, not really into all the piercings but love the tatts !! Have 6 in total now (just got my last one today) courtesy of Jmd's in Waterford city. Totally addicted lol:D, just arrived home to plan my next one. Here's a quick pic of todays one, hope ye like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Thunderkill

random question, who thinks chest tattoos on girls are nice?!

considering there for my next one, in the centre, just sorta worried about the location!

:confused:

Depends on the girl and the tattoo to be honest.

That could be any design or style. Again depends on the girl and the tattoo.
    I'm not going to be able to give an answer on this really without knowing you! :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

random question, who thinks chest tattoos on girls are nice?!

considering there for my next one, in the centre, just sorta worried about the location!

:confused:
    I'm willing to bet it'll be something along the lines of an ankh...possibly with wings or something??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

thought I'd say a quick hello - long time lurker here ;) - have 3 tattoos, half way through getting my 4th (after which I'll still only have 3 as it's a cover up lol) - so hello one & all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

is this Pets Ireland Tabitha Rose? if so hey from clairebear! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

tis indeed ;) hey you - long time no see!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 petebrickette

Hello there. My name's Pete, I'm from Galway. Currently studying music in Dublin! Lots of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Hey guys, SV here.. Most of you probably know me if you frequent After Hours but.. Anyway yeah, in the process of getting my first tattoo, nearly finished.
    Will try get pics up when it's done..

well that was sorer than I thought it might be :P
    Well worth it though, in love with the tat...need someone with a digital camera now, Tattoo artist didn't take one.

(Tattoo is of Buddha btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duchessofdoom

Hi all, My name is Pam. Getting my 8th tattoo tomorrow and my first covered up. I have a rose amongst thorns on one wrist, a trinity on the other, my ex husbands initial (I'm such an idiot!!) with a black rose around it on my left breast, 2 stars behind my left ear, a reggae design on the side of my right hand, a chess piecs on my shoulder and my nickname also on my shoulder...phew!!! Getting ex's initial covered up tomorrow and MEA CULPA written below my trinity. Jesus that sounds like a lot!! lol
    Anyway hello, Pam

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

welcome all new people /lurkers!

Get yer photos into the "I'll show you mine..." thread - it's always nice to have a good gawk at other peoples work!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hey hey,

I know quite a few of you and my photos are in the the show you mine thread but i never did an intro, go figure?

my name is Mark, 3 tattoos, 4th next friday and 5th planned soon. both shoulders and soon to have both forearms :)

not a fan of piercings on myself, no idea why but meh.

(Damo, told ya I'd come here eventually :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

splinter wrote: »
    hey hey,

I know quite a few of you and my photos are in the the show you mine thread but i never did an intro, go figure?

my name is Mark, 3 tattoos, 4th next friday and 5th planned soon. both shoulders and soon to have both forearms :)

Welcome...I think it's only fair to warn you...I am was a big turtles fan...If you are not a 4 foot rat I will be quite disappointed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i'm disappointed in you... what do you mean was?!

(na its not cause of the rat.. its cause of an album on a cd rack i picked up the name...)

splinter wrote: »
    hey hey,

Hullo Mark! :pac:

As ya can see from the Show You Mine thread, I got my 3rd done eventually! 4th and 5th being designed for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I'm Sarah, 2 tattoos and 6 piercings.
    Dont plan any more piercings but would like another tattoo just not sure what yet.

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    I'm Sarah, 2 tattoos and 6 piercings.
    Dont plan any more piercings but would like another tattoo just not sure what yet.

Hi Sarah, welcome aboard :)
    If ya feel like showing off, feel free to stick pics of your tattoos/piercings up in the Show You Mine thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Will do as soon as I get a new camera :mad:

Advertisement