Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Howdy, stick around, chat and have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marseepan

Hi all! I'm only new to the registering and legit posting in boards but I've been lurking for a good bit. My real name is Maria, I'm 21, just finished college (a speech and language therapist for all those of you who may/ may not care:p). I'm very much a noob to piercings/ tatoos but I've been thinking about it for the past two/three years and may finally be ready to be inked! I'm getting a tragus (ear) piercing on friday, been on my wish list for aaages so very excited! I'm very interested in other people's experiences, art, etc so will be lurking some more no doubt :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard the good ship Boards Maria/Marseepan :D
    Good luck with the tragus, let us know how ya get on!

Less lurking, more posting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Will wrote: »
    Less lurking, more posting :p

This. NO MORE LURKING.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Hey all, I'm Jonny, 29. real newbie, only just signed up... Love tattoos, got my first (and so far only) in Chile less than a year ago, love it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm Denis, a secondary school student in Longford, doing my leaving cert this year. So far I just have 3 piercings, all in my bottom lip, though I'm planning on getting more after the LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

hi im tony from waterford im 29. i have 8 tattoos, i plan on getting 2 more, im getting picture of child done, and a tribal 1 from my hip to my foot and looking forward to them. And would u believe im too scared to get a piercing done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 VintageKitten

Opps... Went ahead and posted in here without introducing myself!

Hey everyone. I don't have any ink but am a HUGE admirer, would love to have some but have crazy sensitive/slow healing skin and no artists will touch me!! Oh well, I live through friends and boards like these :) Also a huge fan of piercings, naturally! What else?... Oh, 29, female, living in Galway for now, just moved here a few months ago... That's about it :D

hey hey, welcome everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Hihi!

Iv posted here from time to time looking for help and always got top notch advice so I guess I should post about me :)

I'm Dan, 21 and from Waterford. I have no tattoos yet but have been planning for years what I want done, Unfortunately every time I save for one, something happens like new tires for the car, e.t.c
    I have several piercings and will get lots more when im done building my pedal board for my guitar :)

Thats about it really for the moment since its late and I have work in 4 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 irish_stickman

howdy, i'm karl, im 20 and from dublin, new to boards.ie but liking it so far, i love tattoos and im covered in them, i like piercings but ive none myself

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

hey! I'm new to boards.. just joined and started looking today, am loving the huge tat following :D
    I'm 20, i have 3 so far and a consultation for my next one tomorrow! as I'm a teacher, i have to make sure they can all be covered but I've managed so far!

Welcome aboard new bloods! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DhalsimHibiki

As I visit this forums for about a week now, I better introduce myself :-P

My name is Aden, 23, and im from Germany but I live in Dublin atm. Just got my earlobes pierced a couple of days ago and will get my first tattoo at the end of this month.
    The more I read about tattoos/piercings and the more designs I see, the more I understand the fascination about it. Hell, I was already fantasizing about stretching my earlobes after I left the piercer's :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

As I visit this forums for about a week now, I better introduce myself :-P

My name is Aden, 23, and im from Germany but I live in Dublin atm. Just got my earlobes pierced a couple of days ago and will get my first tattoo at the end of this month.
    The more I read about tattoos/piercings and the more designs I see, the more I understand the fascination about it. Hell, I was already fantasizing about stretching my earlobes after I left the piercer's :-D

Welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ginat yarak

OMG
    Tattoos are so cooool.
    i absolutely adore them.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nice. Kinda why the rest of us are here too...

Welcome aboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 krystel

right, i'm Krystel, 25, i work in finance. started getting tattooed about 4years ago now.

I've started my 2 sleeves (one Japanese and the other one Art Nouveau), have a tree of life on my back, pair of cherries behind my ear and that's it so far.

No piercings since i had to take them off when i started working and that's about it really :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

krystel wrote: »
    right, i'm Krystel, 25, i work in finance. started getting tattooed about 4years ago now.

I've started my 2 sleeves (one Japanese and the other one Art Nouveau), have a tree of life on my back, pair of cherries behind my ear and that's it so far.

No piercings since i had to take them off when i started working and that's about it really :D
    She means banker!! *wildly waves pitchfork*

• Advertisement

She means banker!! *wildly waves pitchfork*

haha... well not quite a banker no! :p

but yeah.... it s*cks :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard Krystel!

Pay no attention to Raze, he's a habit of fighting people but knocking himself out before he does any harm... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

krystel wrote: »

Sleeves *jealous* :) actually I'm pretty much jealous of all your tats, they sound great! I want to get a tree on my back too, but it's still an idea in my head, probably for another few years. D'ya mind me asking if it's much of an issue in work, especially sleeves?? Bit of a bug bear of mine, I do tend to go on about it a lot!

dearg lady wrote: »
    Sleeves *jealous* :) actually I'm pretty much jealous of all your tats, they sound great! I want to get a tree on my back too, but it's still an idea in my head, probably for another few years. D'ya mind me asking if it's much of an issue in work, especially sleeves?? Bit of a bug bear of mine, I do tend to go on about it a lot!

Of course you can ask J
    Well it’s never been an issue so far. I don’t think it will ever be. I’m work in progress and I’ve been telling them from the start I would be getting more anyway.
    I have never been asked to cover up although I was kind of expecting it. so far so good. I don’t think all companies would be that “tolerant” now. I used to work for MBNA and was asked to cover my tattoos even though the customers couldn’t see me (call centre type of job).
    I think you have to expect the worse no matter what and you usually come up with good surprises. When I first started In my new job (well I’ve been there 2 years but you know what I mean), I actually asked everyone if they had a problems with tattoos. As long as people respect you for what you are, it just works. I wouldn’t mind if I had to cover up if it’s justified though.
    I know if I change job in the near future I might end up working for someone who’s not going to like the way I look. Let’s just face it; most people aren’t “ready” yet for people like us. They’ll get over it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d69

Hi folks,

I am relatively new to this site and have just found this thread. I'm 35 from Scotland and have been thinking about getting some work done for ages but Wife,3 kids and working away never seem to give me the time or Money to get what I want. I am a "blank canvas" and was hoping some one on here could give me a few pointers on how to go about getting the right artist. I want a Half sleeve (shoulder to Elbow) in Japenese style. Can any one help me out i.e where to go what to expect etc. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

It'll probably only be limited as to how much help can be offered to you from here, as we're an Irish based site, so it'll only be the top artists in the UK that are known here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d69

It'll probably only be limited as to how much help can be offered to you from here, as we're an Irish based site, so it'll only be the top artists in the UK that are known here.

Yip just realised that, I would travel to get work done though if it was what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

hi:)
    kinda new to boards.ie
    wanting to get my first tattoo and piercing soon enough so really here to find info on what i want!
    that's all for now:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 enniscorthybhoy

Well hello to all,,, Kevin here from Wexford.

• Advertisement

hi, stick around have fun

Advertisement