Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Welcome aboard new folk! :)
    steve-o-01.jpg
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭robgti

wel here i go, my names robbie im 23 from dublin IRE :) im a carpenter by trade, im big into tattoos as i have some meself and done some on a few friends, love designing them as i can be crative so many has said, currently looking for an a aprentiship at it as i love everything about it awful hard tho, maybe one day il get my shot and some decent tattoo artist would take me on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

Hey folks, I should introduce myself really seeing as I've already posted a pic up on the ''I'll show you mine'' thread!

I'm Kerry, 34 (*weeps..*) and have one big koi in my ribs, and a small silly tatt on my ankle which I keep meaning to have covered with Japanese flowers, but have never really been bothered enough by to get round to it. My hubby has a big back piece of a slutty angel-type woman, a ripped open ankle showing mechanical insides (very cool) a large dragon and a smaller dragon on each upper arm/shoulder. I love ink, love the art and craft that goes into it, and if I hear one more person saying ''that'll look stupid when you're old'' I'll scream!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome along robgti and Doogieboogie!
    ...and if I hear one more person saying ''that'll look stupid when you're old'' I'll scream!!
    At least we'll have something interesting to look at when we're old...er. ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 killlilt

I'm thinking of getting my first tatoo done in Dublin as its where im living at the moment.

I want to get 4 dates of birth on my wrists. all my grandparents.

I'm not to sure on the font I want but im wondering if anybody has any suggestions??

Also where would be a good place to get the tattoo done??

Cheers

KK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Hiya :D Im andrea,18 from dublin.
    Quite obsessed about body mods to be honest,My dream job is to be a piercer but as some people know it is quite hard to get into nowadays.
    Im doing a one year course in hairdressing at the moment it's okay,has it's moments.
    I also work in Spar part-time.
    Big into metal but also open to other genres.
    I have 8 piercings right now,I had 10 but had to remove two:
    Septum
    Sternum and three in each lobe.
    Had to remove my snakebites,I value my teeth haha.
    I hope to get a tattoo by the time im 19 but im not to sure what i want yet,Would like to get something that has a proper meaning behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hey again,

Welcome along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

0/ erro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brogen

Hey all... I'm Brogen.

I have 3 tattoos - a ring of star around my left wrist, a star on my right foot and the symbol of New Orleans - the fleur de lis - on my back. I am especially loving the one on my back today, although some of the shading could do with a touch up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

hey my name is sean. im 17 years old looking to get a tatoo for my brother who died 6 years ago on my left arm. could someone please pm me a picture of a dragon wrapped around a celtic cross as thats the thing i want to get. i have no tatoos as it is but i really want this one done. thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Hi Brogen and Sean!

Sean, to be honest, you're better off waiting till you're 18, and getting a reputable tattoo artist to draw you up the design for you.

i am getting it done when im 18 but thats not too long away from now but im just looking for designs at the moment :)

Cool cool! Your best bet then is to spend the time between now and then looking through tattoo artists portfolios, and see whose work you like the look of, then popping in to them and describe your idea, and have them design something unique for you. As it's going to be in memory of your brother, you really want something unique and that will be in some way tied to your memories of your brother, and the artist should be able to help you customise your design idea properly. :)

Cool cool! Your best bet then is to spend the time between now and then looking through tattoo artists portfolios, and see whose work you like the look of, then popping in to them and describe your idea, and have them design something unique for you. As it's going to be in memory of your brother, you really want something unique and that will be in some way tied to your memories of your brother, and the artist should be able to help you customise your design idea properly. :)
    ok cool thanks :) but where do i look at these portfolios?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Online and in studios the artists should have portfolios to show you.

ok cool thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Gman_Ireland

hello all,

gman is the name, 32 and looking for a change in work. i am in sales but am looking to move in webdesign.

say hello :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

hey, im amanda, previously yenoBAYUB, until boards got hacked...anyways im 18, love body mods altho i only have three tattoos! Say Hey :)

Hey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bubbles09

Hey im niamh Im kinda new to this haven't been on in a yll..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

welcome back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yiz have all gone soft.

I remember when I first posted here, I was faceraped. By Raze_them_all.

WHen Will wasn't looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ha ha ha yeah thats how i used to roll, but im old now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

And flacid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MsLBangs

Hi im jen, Im a sound engineer in desperate need of new tattoos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bubbles09

Face raped what is that???:o

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Hey all how are things?
    I have no tattoos or piercing but will be getting my eyebrow done in a couple of months.:D
    HEY

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Hey my name is Claire and im 22...not many piercings or tattoos..but love them and interested in getting more...hopefully this can help me make some choices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

Hey, my name is Bob, 22 y/o, studying Medicine at the minute (and hopefully for a while to come!).

No tattoos or body mods yet. Always been interested in a tattoo but want to make sure I'm perfectly happy with the design before getting it. Currently trying to design one to get when I graduate as a doc. Hopefully lurking around here will give me some inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

My names Barry, and I'm an alcoholic.*waits for applause for admitting my problem*
    :p

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm 15, four ear piercings(both lobes twice), had my eyebrow done but it grew out, gonna get it done again in May.:D

I've posted here a small bit and started at least two pointless threads.:o

Hi!:D

Advertisement