Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jeniphia

hi. im Jennie. im 18. ive got my lobes pierced 3 times, 2 of which i did myself and the first ones are stretched to 10mm hoping to go to 1/2 an inch in the long run. ive also pierced my rim twice on my right ear and im wanting a scaffold on my left.
    i recently had my lip pierced and my parents were none too happy about that so im forced to wear the retainer when im at home.
    next on my list is septum which is easy to hide anyway.
    i also want some tattoos but not stars behind my ear or something along those lines. words of inspiration appeal to me more, so in time i will get those (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard new peoples!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

Hi i'm Jade! I've just finished my jc so i'm not old enough to have anything done yet but i know what i want. I want my best friend (who is really artistic) to design my gothic gardian angel for my sholder, and i want a representation of what music seems to me behind my ear but i'm not too sure what yet. I also want snake bites and a scaffold and i want to stretch my ears... anyway,

HI!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hi i'm Jade! I've just finished my jc so i'm not old enough to have anything done yet but i know what i want. I want my best friend (who is really artistic) to design my gothic gardian angel for my sholder, and i want a representation of what music seems to me behind my ear but i'm not too sure what yet. I also want snake bites and a scaffold and i want to stretch my ears... anyway,

HI!!:D:D

Oh no! You found me!

Hi there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Hey im st steddy of eddy and i have three tattoos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 pernilla

Hi I'm pernilla
    i've a full sleeve, and nearly half way through my other sleeve
    I have nipples, bellybutton, ear lobes, tongue and lip piercings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 hopwitch

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm Annika from Sweden or Helga if you rather, I'm old compared to most of you here I'm 32

No dear - that's not old! I'm heading rapidly for 52, which is positively ancient, but I'm holding the wrinkles at bay reasonably well (mostly with heavy duty duct tape pulled very tight) and currently working on a full back piece. I got my first tattoo when I was 32, never planning to get another - but you know how it goes! :D Now I have six, plus the work in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

Mattock hear, got my first Tat 28 years ago, johnny eagle capel street.
    Have 8 in total from all over europe and getting a half sleeve tomorrow to cover up one of johnnys swallows, I will take a before and after and upload later.

Half sleeve started, but might settle with what i had done today, or ye can help me with ideas.
    Pics up on show you mine thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lunar_Knight

Names Conor
    Student :P
    Looking into getting Tattoo's and just needed some advice and guidance to get me started ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 staytrue

Hey all, my name is Lauren. I have retired all of my piercings and currently have my back, both ribs, stomach, neck, feet, legs and chest tattooed. You can never get "just one". Anyhow, I am from New York and planning on moving to Ireland in a year or two and was directed to these boards to get a feel of some of the community :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard guys/gals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 hopwitch

Names Conor
    Student :P
    Looking into getting Tattoo's and just needed some advice and guidance to get me started ;)

Assuming you're overage :D first decide why you want one, cos if it doesn't express something really important to you you'll regret it later - then start accosting mates and strangers in the street who have decent work and ask them where they got them. Read all the mags - Skin Deep is a good starting point, check out the local studios and the websites of ones further away and start saving up. €70 - €100 per hour (£50 - £70 in the north) is about the going rate - if you're quoted much less than that start checking their basic hygiene/artistic ability. And remember, in the words of the first guy to work on me - the awesome Skull from Belfast - you're not paying for the tattoo .... you're paying for the pain! If you can't face the thought of a few hours feeling like someone is reshaping you with sandpaper and occasionally throwing wasps at you - DIY with a marker pen! Having said that - some places hurt less than others, each place has it's own "style" of ouchiness and occasionally you'll get lucky and one spot on you doesn't feel it at all - but don't get cocky if that happens, cos all the other places will :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

hi guys, im lisa, ive got my tongue, lip, nose and bellybutton pierced and ive 10 piercings in my ear, two of which are stretched and i keep asking Will to make me nice wooden ones but I'm too small :(
    Think they are only 6mm, really want to go bigger but the last set i bought to stretch them was too big and i didnt wana bust them :/

oh ive no tattoos, id never be able to decide on one i like, ive been to art college and am a designer now so id have to design my own but then i know id hate it anyway! think ill stick to piercings :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

maameeo wrote: »
    hi guys, im lisa, ive got my tongue, lip, nose and bellybutton pierced and ive 10 piercings in my ear, two of which are stretched and i keep asking Will to make me nice wooden ones but I'm too small :(
    Think they are only 6mm, really want to go bigger but the last set i bought to stretch them was too big and i didnt wana bust them :/

oh ive no tattoos, id never be able to decide on one i like, ive been to art college and am a designer now so id have to design my own but then i know id hate it anyway! think ill stick to piercings :D

he he your a kebab not a canvas lol
    i love to get more piercings but love getting tattooed a lot more lol a lot less pain :)

hey all.
    im auntyweeze *waves
    im 26. im a qualified chef and i work in drumcondra.
    i have 5 tatoos and a few piercings.ears/tragus/eyebrow had my nose pierced but took it out didnt suit me at all.
    does anyone know if i can get my eyebrow re-pierced. got it done when i was 15 and havent worn a bar in it in over 3 years but its still open but very small can barely get an earring in it but would love to get it redone.

auntyweeze wrote: »
    he he your a kebab not a canvas lol
    i love to get more piercings but love getting tattooed a lot more lol a lot less pain :)

LOL i had to read that twice! never heard that before! im a kebab :D

less pain, piercing is one sharp pain, isnt a tattoo lots of pains :/

maameeo wrote: »
    LOL i had to read that twice! never heard that before! im a kebab :D

less pain, piercing is one sharp pain, isnt a tattoo lots of pains :/

yep im a canvas your a kebab ha ha
    nope i thought getting my tragus pierced was THE most pain i have ever felt so far in my life it was agony i screamed and all. the pain from tattoos is more uncomfortable than sore really i do have a high threshold for pain but getting tragus pierced passed that ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bevizzo

Hi everybody
    I'm Arthur,30 years old,currently working as a interpreter. Got 7 tattoos,one of them still not finished.No piercings except a couple in the left ear.Looking to get some more tats done in the classic 40s-50s vintage style.

bevizzo wrote: »
    Hi everybody
    I'm Arthur,30 years old,currently working as a interpreter. Got 7 tattoos,one of them still not finished.No piercings except a couple in the left ear.Looking to get some more tats done in the classic 40s-50s vintage style.

Hi bevizzo!

oh i really like the 40-50s vintage style tattoos, you know exactly what youre thinking of getting?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bevizzo

Hi maameeo!
    I want the whole piece to be a tribute of sorts to Hasil Adkins and Lux Interior, so I imagine,there will be loads of skulls,machine guns,knifes and naked women.And chickens :D
    There's really no ready design for that,I think it's going to take some time and loads of work, before the whole thing shapes up into what I want it to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hiya, name's Amy. I've one tattoo and 8 piercings, most on the ears, one industrial and belly button. Getting lip and possibly eyebrow pierced in near future, and will most likely get more ear ones :D

Most painful thing I've gotten done was the industrial, the tattoo tickled :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

welcome people!

amyputz wrote: »
    Hiya, name's Amy. I've one tattoo and 8 piercings, most on the ears, one industrial and belly button. Getting lip and possibly eyebrow pierced in near future, and will most likely get more ear ones :D

Most painful thing I've gotten done was the industrial, the tattoo tickled :P

ok sorry for my ignorance but what is an industrial????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

amyputz wrote: »

aaaah i see! nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Hey,
    I'm Careymary, 28yo, F, Have 3 piercings, want to get more when time ad finances allow, no tattoos yet but am trying to perfect a design I have for my first, it looks so much better in my head than it is coming out on paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Frodo_Baggins

Ola Amigos!

Name's not Frodo funny enough, I'm 27, from Louth. Got 2 tattoos - 1 when I was 15 (big mistake), 1 when I was 17 (bigger mistake). Both from the same chancer! Have since had one covered up and am in the process of getting the other covered up, just have to have a few lazer sessions first though.

No piercings. Had my eyebrow done when I was 18 but it grew out after a few months. Not really into them anymore, far more into tattoos.

Anyway, that's all for now folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Zyts

Hi I'm Zyts, have 5 piercings (ears and tongue)
    One tattoo, an ambigram on my wrist. I'll upload a photo when I find one.

Really want to get more but it took me 2 years to pick the one I have so holding out till I find something perfect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Chloe_Cork

Hi, I'm Chloé, live just outside Cork city..
    Drive, drink, smoke, etc.. Nothing unusual.. :D

Piercings;
    Septum, nose, eyebrow, monroe, labret, nipple, left ear stretched 5 mm, right ear pierced x7, inverse navel, tongue.

Tattoos;
    Dog on right shoulder, Starsign on nape, Chinese symbol on lower back.

Previous piercings;
    Tragus, industrial, bellybutton, both sides of bellybutton, nape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

evening everyone

Advertisement