Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Will wrote: »
    evening everyone

good evening :)
    dbe13b2a-1d4c-4b4f-8b4a-11cf7c9c6a0c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

auntyweeze wrote: »
    good evening :)

Have you changed your name to an encrypted one, as well as upgrading yourself from AuntyWeeze Operating System 1.00.00 to AuntyWeeze Operating System 1.03.01?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

Hey all, I'm chebe (like chi-bee) and mid-twenties. I only have a couple of piercings and still planning my tattoos.

I'm a bit apprehensive about getting a tattoo as piercing has shown my skin to be very sensitive. I had to get my lobes pierced three times before they'd stay pierced (and even at that I can't go more than a week without wearing earrings before they start to close).

Next I got my belly-button done... and that bleed (only a little but) constantly, and started healing over the piercing. The pain got so bad I took it out for 5 minutes to clean, and in that time it closed up. Almost completely. I took the hint, and left it out, but still have the scar.

Then I got the rim of my ear done. I actually hallucinated/had a very vivid waking dream before nearly passing out, when it went in. It took about a year and a half to heal, and looks really badly scarred in photos (but fine in real life).

So, while I'm trying to figure out a placing and size that suits my body shape, I'm also worried that my body will try to reject a tattoo altogether. Does that happen, or is it only something that happens with piercings, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

Have you changed your name to an encrypted one, as well as upgrading yourself from AuntyWeeze Operating System 1.00.00 to AuntyWeeze Operating System 1.03.01?

lol dont know how that happened think i copy and pasted something ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kickstarts

Ecvening everyone Ciara, Dublin 30 in body but 21 in mind lol,
    4 piercings and 4 tattoos nice round number, planning number 5,
    giving up on piercing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 jodiebean

Hi, I'm Jodie, 23 in March and living in Dundalk. I'm originally from Dublin but have lived here for the past 3 years.
    I've always been into piercings and tattoos. I've had over 30 piercings (getting stuff pierced, taking it out, getting it done again) but currently only have double lobes, tongue, labret, septum and both nipples.

I have 7 tattoos. The most impressive tattoo being a portrait on my calf. I can never take a decent picture of it though.

So anyway! Just wanted to say hi.. Hello.. etc. :) How are ya'll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard the good ship T&P! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

jodiebean wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Jodie, 23 in March and living in Dundalk.

Dundalk WOOP :D

Yeah it's strange, but I actually prefer Dundalk to Dublin.

(I'm pretty sure my friends would hit me over that remark haha)

It's great, but I'm glad not to be there :P

• Advertisement

Haha where are you living now? Don't say Dublin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hi, I'm Jodie, 23 in March and living in Dundalk. I'm originally from Dublin but have lived here for the past 3 years.
    I've always been into piercings and tattoos. I've had over 30 piercings (getting stuff pierced, taking it out, getting it done again) but currently only have double lobes, tongue, labret, septum and both nipples.

I have 7 tattoos. The most impressive tattoo being a portrait on my calf. I can never take a decent picture of it though.

So anyway! Just wanted to say hi.. Hello.. etc. :) How are ya'll?
    So yer 22 then??

0/ newbies

Yes, I'm 22. I've just always had a habit that if I'm near a birthday I would say how old I will be then. It's a silly habit but it's stuck with me for years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yes, I'm 22. I've just always had a habit that if I'm near a birthday I would say how old I will be then. It's a silly habit but it's stuck with me for years!
    Weird, I'm close to a birthday but I'm clinging to 21 like the edge of a cliff!

Hahaha I remember the days when I couldn't wait to be 18.. Now it's totally freaking me out that i'm going 23. Like seriously... Where did all that time go?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

eh you have 5/6months left, depending on the date - guess you hate being 22! lol

Haha I haven't actually counted. It's weird the way I think of it is.. Nearly Christmas.. Nearly Easter.. Nearly birthday.

I never claimed to be the most logical person on the planet haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh I should probably introduce myself ;)
    I'm a transgender girl who likes comic books, star trek, loud rock music (love Rammstein), and 80s movies. I've got a couple of piercings before, some had to be taken out like the eyebrow, but I'm planning on a few more over the next year. I'm not really into tattoos though.

Not quite Dublin, Maynooth :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

Hi, i'm Savanna.. I'm currently living in the US but planning on moving to Ireland in dec. I only know a handful of people over there so I joined this site to get ahead on making new friends :D

I love tats and piercings and thought this would be a good place to find people with similar interests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Welcome along :) was in fort lauderdale 10 years ago. Happy times

Will wrote: »
    Welcome along :) was in fort lauderdale 10 years ago. Happy times
    oh no! you went to ft. lauderfail??? (south floridians call it that i'm not slagging.. lol) stay as far away from ft. lauderfail as possible! miami beach is where its at ;):cool:

oh no! you went to ft. lauderfail??? (south floridians call it that i'm not slagging.. lol) stay as far away from ft. lauderfail as possible! miami beach is where its at ;):cool:

Man what a let down...florida to limerick...I was in Disney world once! XD

amyputz wrote: »
    Man what a let down...florida to limerick...I was in Disney world once! XD
    lol, i've never been to disney world... and whats wrong with limerick? its so much nicer than florida!

lol, i've never been to disney world... and whats wrong with limerick? its so much nicer than florida!

I'm such a child, disney world is AMAZING! I wanna go back :(

And lol. If you say so!

I'm such a child, disney world is AMAZING! I wanna go back :(

And lol. If you say so!
    i was the last of 5 so my parents were too tired to ever take me.... and all my class trips were to islands of adventure, busch gardens, mgm studios, etc... same town, just more "adult" friendly

i was the last of 5 so my parents were too tired to ever take me.... and all my class trips were to islands of adventure, busch gardens, mgm studios, etc... same town, just more "adult" friendly

"Adult friendly" pssssssssssssssh! My parents took me & my sister there when I was 12, and I went to the one in Paris then when I was 15 =P I've been begging the bf to take me back to Florida for years now! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

mite aswell introduce myself here been on boards for ages and never got around to doing it yet,friends call me marv im 22 have 2 piercings and 6 tattoos,4 fairly large ones in black and grey one on each calf and one either side of my stomach of my favorite animals each one having a different meaning to me ,lion,eagle,horse,lizard and unfortunately got 2 tribals,one on each arm which i got when i was a teen 16-17ish without putting much thought into(i know tribals are frowned upon by the tattoo community)but hey im stuck with them now so ya better get used to it:D

"Adult friendly" pssssssssssssssh! My parents took me & my sister there when I was 12, and I went to the one in Paris then when I was 15 =P I've been begging the bf to take me back to Florida for years now! XD
    lol, well have fun if you get to go back!
    my favorite is busch gardens cause they serve beer and have a wooden roller coaster :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaz2010

How do folks? Only saw this today n thought i'd sign up for the crack,never knew of a tatoo forum/section. Looks pretty good and informative :D not one for goin on so i'll leave it at that,cheers ;)

Advertisement