Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

welcome along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭auntyweeze

hey have we any tattooers on here? im looking to get a tattoo finished

• Registered Users Posts: 26 carlarua

auntyweeze wrote: »
    hey have we any tattooers on here? im looking to get a tattoo finished

There's a thread here with tattoo artist's portfolio with information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SR123

Hey guys. Another newbie here. My name is Sinead. No tattoos yet, but posted a thread looking for ideas. Have a few piercings, and looking to add to them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Hellooo. I'm Áine, I'm 19. Used to have a few piercings a few years ago - nose, septum, tongue, lip (although only one at a time!), sorta 'grew out' of having them, I suppose. Still really like them though. Considering a few at the minute; different parts of the ear, nape, and septum - less blindingly obvious ones, I s'pose!

Quite fond of tattoos if they're done well. Only have a little asterisk on the inside of my left wrist, which is in no way whatsoever a work of art, but again, considering another.. maybe in a few months, when I find something perfect.

tl;dr.. hi!

• Advertisement

lovin the tl;dr bit :pac: (i did read the whole thing though, we care!)

welcome along everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome Sinead and Áine! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

I've been nosing about this forum for a long time, may as well introduce myself formally seeing as i popped my tattoo cherry yesterday :-D
    I'm John, 27 from Cork. Got my first tattoos yesterday from Raul in Smily Dogg tattoos. Great all round experience. Got exactly what i wanted (2 Words written in Ogham, one on each leg done in negative spacing with dots, i'll post a picture in the Show Me Yours thread later). The place was immaculately clean, Raul took me through the aftercare in great detail, all the staff were very friendly and were all good craic and i would recommend them to anyone. We ended up talking about my idea for my next tattoo before i left:-P and the tattoo came out better than i thought it would.

Bassfish wrote: »
    We ended up talking about my idea for my next tattoo before i left:-P and the tattoo came out better than i thought it would.

Welcome to the rest of your life ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hi guys :D

Thought I would introduce myself on the day I got my first tatoo!

I'm Rebecca, I'm 18, from Kerry but I go to college in DCU.

I got a tattoo voucher off my mother for Christmas (yes, my mother,:p) and today I got one on my lower back.

Not sure if I'll get another one, as I found the shading very painful :o

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard Rebecca :) Hope you're happy with your new ink! Bang it up in the "Show you mine" thread if you wanna show it off :)

DCU my alma mater!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Cheers guys :D I'll hopefully get a picture up soon :cool:

What course are you doing Will? :)

I studied computer apps there, night life is quite dull. Well it was anyway for me :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Another lurker. Only have 2 tattoos with a view to getting another and have only had a lip piercing. I'm no tattoo artist, but love designing them :) as long as I can improve my ability to draw. So having a look around I have some more ideas to try out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bellarose

Hi All...just popped up to introduce myself. I'm Cathy 45 and have a love of tattoos and piercings. Got my first tattoo many years ago when I was 28 on my stomach...(should have waited til after the kids for that one:p).... and got my most recent one last March so still going strong. :D

welcome along peoples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

hi folks, just back from getting my 5th tattoo. first was loveheart with daughters name and d.o.b around it on upper left arm, second was irish flag on left side of chest,third was daughters name again running inside right arm from elbow to wrist, fourth was missus name in chinese on left forearm and the coup the grace, the national anthem of ireland on my back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maidrin rua

Hi, all. I'm a Finn called Pikku kettu, or just Kettu, meaning Little fox or Fox. Hence the nick maidrin rua here. I have four tattoos, three of them done here in Finland and the latest one in December, at Golden Cat Tattoo, Dublin. Love them all (although the first one could use some.. retouch). Planning on getting few tattoos more, if only I can find good spots for them.

What else.. 32 years old, should probably start acting all grown-up and stuff, but I'm too busy making myself a fool every day to care. :rolleyes: Visited Ireland for the first time few years ago and liked it so much I keep coming back again and again.

I hope to get some good tips and new inspiration here, and share thoughts with other tattoo lovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bruce264

Hi all been here for a time and not posted anything, just started today. Have a few tattoos, currently getting a koi done covering up some old tribal work i had done on my arm.Two sittings so far one more to go,hopefully im a bit of a woos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dublin1andonly

Hey everyone, yep newbie here. I want to get my nose pierced and I'm wondering 2 things. Will it hurt and what's a reasonable price? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Hey everyone, yep newbie here. I want to get my nose pierced and I'm wondering 2 things. Will it hurt and what's a reasonable price? Thanks in advance

I had mine done a few years ago. It cost about 25 i think, and it hurt like hell. You really gotta be careful with keeping your hands away from scratching your nose and stuff, because that also hurts a lot:p I want to get mine redone but i'm too scared to. But i'm a big wuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I had mine done a few years ago. It cost about 25 i think, and it hurt like hell. You really gotta be careful with keeping your hands away from scratching your nose and stuff, because that also hurts a lot:p I want to get mine redone but i'm too scared to. But i'm a big wuss
    nose does hurt. your eyes water but thats about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

My name is Jimmy I live in the west of Ireland my wife is a tattooist in Longford...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭batbaby

Yup nose hurts a little, but the main thing is that you have to be so careful with it when it's healing because IT'S ON A PART OF YOUR FACE THAT PURPOSELY STANDS OUT!

Also, it it likely to pick up an infection if you get a cold/sniffley nose within the first month or 2...

But once it heals it's awesome!
    Had mine done about 2 years ago, got infected once within the first few weeks (which looks a bit eewww but whatever, I got over it) but no issues since. Had a ring in it from the first few weeks too.
    It's funny, most people don't actually notice that I have a nose ring in... ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 headphoned

Hi everyone, don't come on here that often but might start using it a bit more!

Tattoo wise I'm all sleeved up, and have a bunch other medium/big pieces. Lot's more to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mabel

Hi all

Long time lurker! Have the earlobes pierced too but got this last Sat! It's a little red now and getting itchy but otherwise it's healing nicely (I hope) The pic was taken about three hours after the tat so excuse the mank :P

I was a bit confused as to how long I should leave the clingfilm on it but I think after tomorrow I will let it "breathe" a lot more! I have so far been washing it with antibacterial soap and applying a new piece of clingfilm every few hours.

Have wanted one for the longest time and I think more will follow! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 huffet

Brand new newbie, had 11 or so piercings before moving onto my first tatt, small, lower back and EXTREMELY personal to me. Big wuss tho, thought it hurt quite a bit! Currently on the hunt for tattoo artist to do not one but two new tatts...actually just started a thread about it. (Cork based artists). Anyway, lovely to talk to u all, hopefully u will all have some good advice for me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

Hello all :P
    My names Amy, but if you ever feel the need to place a nickname upon me, go ahead!
    So far, I haven't gotten any outrageous piercings [only my lip (multiple times) and my ears (one stretched to 4mm)], nor have any really caught my eye.
    I am close to getting a tattoo though, in the summer perhaps :)~
    A tribute to my favourite band ^.^ My Chemical Romance. I'm just thinking of maybe getting the initials on one of my fingers, or something along those lines.
    Anywho, I'm sure it'll be great getting to know you all, in due course :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Is_cuma_liom

Hi everyone! Although I have been a member of boards.ie for a long time, I've only started using it recently! My name is Sadhbh and I'm 27. I have a number of tattoos...nothing massive, and have had a number of piercings over the years. hopefully I'll be a regular visitor to this site :)

Advertisement